Blown woofers???

Options
MSkeezer
MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
edited March 2005 in Troubleshooting
I was messing around with my 28's yesterday, and pushed in around the dust cap, and noticed a bit of scratching. They sound perfectly fine, even with the volume up. I remembered reading on here that if you push the woofers in and hear any scratching or rubbing, that the woofer is most likely blown. I pushed around the caps on the other speakers, and they too, sounded(felt) scratchy. I don't even know if scratchy is even the right word. More like they're meeting some resistance. Please, please, please tell me that there's nothing wrong with my speakers. Again, they all sound perfectly fine. No popping, buzzing, distorting, anything. Is it normal for them to do this? If not, well...guess I'm out of a speaker system...*contemplates suicide*
Post edited by MSkeezer on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Gently apply even pressure around the outer edge of the drivers, not in the center.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MSkeezer
    edited March 2005
    Options
    I hear it no matter where I push...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Hmmm.....then don't push.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MSkeezer
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Good, I hope so. Thanks.