Dean/Klip Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Options
2»

Comments

• billlb
    billlb Posts: 59
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Aaron: Yes you are totally right . I saw this junk on this forum last night and it was just after the duke loss. I guess I over reacted-sorry man. We all need to keep one another in check. I am a polk lover and to each his own. Thank you for looking out.......Bill
  • Clay19
    Clay19 Posts: 27
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I have read all of the replys above and I would have to agree with the people that dislike Klipsch. A few weeks ago I went into a local Tweeter store to listen to various speakers, before going there i had not read any reviews on Klipsch at all. When the salesman switched to the Klipsch Ref. I absolutely could not believe what i heard. IT WAS TERRIBLE, the song that was playing has a very nice bass-line but even with the 2 10" drivers I could hear almost no bass. All of the highs just seemed to be projected right in my ears, it was very unpleasant and very bright Treble, The salesman himself agreed, he said the when those speakers first arrived, he thought they had received a faulty pair, but they were not.
    -Adcom GTP-502 Preamp
    -Musical Designs D-75 Amp
    -Polk Ebony LSi9's
    -Sony NS500V SACD/CD/DVD
    -Velodyne CHT-10
  • matthew_2
    matthew_2 Posts: 52
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I don't know why none of you like klipsch. Yes, they are diffrent sounding speakers, but a lot of people love them. I think its a love or hate thing. Some people will like polk, others paradigm, some might even like BOSE lol.

Klipsch does sound bigger, and "live" , also bright, compaired to polk, but some people may hate that. Many cone lovers like speakers which are "laid back" soft, "smooth."

I think anyone who says Klipsch is bad is ignorant. How could they say that? I can see them saying they don't like them, yeah, their opinion. I can respect that. I know people who don't like polk. Thats fine with me.

Speakers are very subjective. I for one don't like powerd towers. I love Klipsch. Many people love powerd towers, and love..ohh lets say Def. Tech. It's everyones opinion.

If you went to someone's house to watch a movie, and saw some Klipsch RF3's sitting their, I doubt anyone would laugh. If you saw bose, or nuance, you would have a hard time not laughting. because you have polk. Or klipsch. Or paradigm. Or $100 000 Dynaudio.

Everyone should be happy with the gear they buy. I'm shopping for speakers right away here, and plan on spending no more then $1400. (still in high school, low budget) I will go home with what I like the most. And I can see Klipsch being the winner.

It seems to me Polk people are biased against Klipsch people. Mabey because they both seem more in love with their speakers? I am allways seeing the two being compaired.

At least when Klipsch is compared to polk at the Klipsch forum, everyone has the balls to tell them what they like better, and why. Not just crap like some of the stuff I'm seeing here. If you knew anything about audio, you would not be sayng these things. Very un-educated remarks going on as far as I can see.

The above was not intended to everyone, just a bunch of cone popping ignorant f***s
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I think anyone who says Klipsch is bad is ignorant. How could they say that?
    Because that is their opinion and they are entitled to it.

At least when Klipsch is compared to polk at the Klipsch forum, everyone has the balls to tell them what they like better, and why. Not just crap like some of the stuff I'm seeing here.
    I'm sure the folks over there are dicussing the finer points of the Polks right now and how they sound so much better than Klipsch. And I certainly enjoyed your in-depth analysis of the difference and why you will be buying the Klipsch vs Polk.

It seems to me Polk people are biased against Klipsch people
    See my last remark.

The above was not intended to everyone, just a bunch of cone popping ignorant f***s
    I agree! This cone popping has got to stop!

In all fairness, I think Klipsch makes a quality product. I have compared Polk to Klipsch and have voted with my dollars for Polk. I will put the LSi series against the Klipsch any day (and yes I did a side by side A/B comparison). I have no problem with you voicing your opinion and if you like Klipsch better..thats great...it's your $.

I do take isssue with your characterization of the intelligent, fair minded, knowledgeable, unbiased folks over at the Klipsch forum to the last person being so much more fair when it comes to Polk (or any other comparable brand). That is CRAP! There are some over there that take every opportunity to put down other brands in favor of their beloved Klipschs.

BTW..enjoy your Klipschs.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson