Blown Tweeters?

Options
patchsassy
patchsassy Posts: 2
edited January 2005 in Troubleshooting
I just got a set of R50's and no sound is coming out of either tweeter. I think I blew them. Is there a fuse or reset? The other two speakers are working... If I did blow them, where can I buy new or better than new ones?

Thanks alot
Mike
Post edited by patchsassy on

Comments

• outlander
    outlander Posts: 218
    edited January 2005
    Options
    patchsassy,

Not sure if the R50's are fused. Check them with an Ohm meter to see if their shorted. If their not shorted you can check the tweeters by removing them from the cabinet and connecting your speaker wires directly to the tweeter. That way you’ll be able to tell if it’s the tweeters or something else. Just make sure you drive them at a low listening level. If they are blow you can order them directly from Polk, just call the toll free# and they'll hook you right up. Mention you a Polk club member and you'll even get a discout.
    O
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Do those have dual binding posts? IE two sets of posts on the back? If so make sure the jumpers are installed.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • patchsassy
    patchsassy Posts: 2
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Thanks to both of you for your time and effort. I don't have the double binding posts and I hooked them up directly , after checking for shorts, and got nothing. I suppose I'll be buying new ones and lesson learned here.
    Thanks again,

Mike