SDA 2A crossover layout

Options
PolkFreak
PolkFreak Posts: 91
edited December 2004 in Troubleshooting
Hi, I plan on sending an e-mail to Ken at Polk about getting the crossover layout to the SDA 2A's, but Polk is closed on the weekends. I was wondering if anyone had a copy? I'm going to ask Ken what crossover parts I need to adjust my SDA 2A crossovers to use all MW6503 drivers instead of the original MW6510 drivers that they normally use. Right now I have all of the MW6503 drivers installed without any modification to the 2A crossovers. Even though I haven't modified the crossovers yet, the MW6503 drivers sound much better than the MW6510 drivers that normally belong in the SDA 2A's. The original MW6510 drivers bass falls short for the size of the cabinets. You can hear the bass fall apart when the MW6510 drivers hit the low notes. The MW6503 drivers bass is amazingly deep and robust. I also noticed the midrange was much clearer. That is strange considering the crossovers are made with the MW6510 drivers in mind.
Post edited by PolkFreak on

Comments

• pmlewis
    pmlewis Posts: 100
    edited December 2004
    Options
    My SDA 2B's have the MW6503's. Maybe that was the upgrade for the new model. I also have a copy of the 2B schematic if you want to compare it to your 2A when you get it. Let me know and I can fax it to you.

Patrick
  • PolkFreak
    PolkFreak Posts: 91
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Hi, thank you for the reply!!! I've noticed that both the MW6503 and the MW6510 went in cabinets of the same size. For example, the smaller SDA CRS speakers had the MW6510 drivers.
    Then they had the MW6503 drivers in a different year of that same speaker. They have the MW6503 as the mid/bass driver in the 2B, but the SDA driver is the MW6511 if I remember right. Both drivers were also in many upper level SDA's as well. The MW6503 driver is the Mid/bass driver as well as the SDA driver in the top of the line SRS. So I kind of look at the MW6503 driver as the best driver of the passive radiator era. I do think it sounds the best.