Specifications for SL6000 tweeter

Options
swredman
swredman Posts: 5
edited December 2004 in Troubleshooting
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can give me a few of the specifications for the SL6000 trilaminate tweeter? If possible, I am trying to find out the following:

Nominal impedance

Fs

Sensitivity

I have looked over the website extensively, but cannot find this information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
Post edited by swredman on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2004
    Options
    That type of info is proprietary to Polk, and not for public release.

Do you have a problem with your LS series speakers, or just looking to do a DIY project?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • swredman
    swredman Posts: 5
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    That type of info is proprietary to Polk, and not for public release.

Do you have a problem with your LS series speakers, or just looking to do a DIY project?

Cheers,
    Russ

Hello Russ,

Yes, actually I do have a problem with my speakers. I have a pair of LS-90's that I bought new about 10 years ago. They've served me well and I've enjoyed them very much.

To make a long story short, both of the tweeters are blown. Since then, I've built new speakers for my main setup (MTM's using Seas W18EX woofers and Millennium tweeters) and have moved the LS-90's to my secondary system.

I'd like to get replacements for the SL6000's. No disrespect to Polk Audio, but I feel $65 each for replacement is asking a bit much. I've been to the darkside (DIY speakerbuilding) and have seen what $65 can buy (like Seas Excel T25-001's).

There are quite a few tweeters available from Vifa, Morel etc that have 94mm faceplates, so they physically will drop right in. But of course without knowing the SL6000 specs, I cannot educate a guess for a suitable replacement. I do not want to have to change the crossover network.

I've been searching for a used pair for over a year to no avail.

Scott