SDA SRS for sale

moparnut
moparnut Posts: 7
edited December 2004 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have been lucky enough to find a set of SDA SRS 1.2's and have decided to sell my original SDA SRS's. They are in excellent condition both mechanically and appearance wise and have the interconnect cable. I think everyone reading this board knows the features for these so I won't bore you with all the specs!

I am willing to help with delivery up to 150 miles from southern Indiana but will not ship these-I have treated them like babies for too many years to risk them being damaged in shipment.

I am asking $1500.00 firm for the pair and if I do not sell them witihin 7 days here I'm putting them on ebay. These are the nicest SDA SRS's out there and you will not be disappointed, they have been very well taken care of and I'll be glad to send pictures to anyone interested. Email me at moparnut@insightbb.com

Thank you,
Paul
Post edited by moparnut on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited November 2004
    Found this about Paul posted by Joe (Axeman) in 2002......

"Hey Paul!

Good to hear from you and good to hear you are living the experience. I know they are in good hands, because only someone wanting to take good care of them would drive 800 miles one way to pick them up.

Hmm..........................kinda reminds me of me when I bought them........................yea that was it Paul, you were just as stoked as me about getting your hands on them......................."

Somebody needs to grab these!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• moparnut
    edited November 2004
    What is the most amazing part about this whole deal is I did drive 800 miles to get my original SRS's and have never regretted it. Everyday I listen to them I'm constantly impressed with how great they sound.
    Now I have a set of the 1.2 TL's and they were 4 miles from my home! An older man bought them brand new and recently upgraded to some VERY expensive McIntosh home theater speakers. Needless to say they were in excellent condition!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited November 2004
    Originally posted by moparnut

Now I have a set of the 1.2 TL's and they were 4 miles from my home! An older man bought them brand new and recently upgraded to some VERY expensive McIntosh home theater speakers.

That's not a upgrade!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• moparnut
    edited November 2004
    Yeah I really liked the McIntosh he had, but then again the ones he had were probably around $8000.00! I went home and realized what a bargain these Polks are.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited November 2004
    Originally posted by moparnut
    I am asking $1500.00 firm for the pair and if I do not sell them witihin 7 days here I'm putting them on ebay.

$1500 is a (steal) deal. :)
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • moparnut
    edited November 2004
    Yep and theres only six days left with some serious interest, but no takers yet. Heck, I would have gotten a second morgtgage on my house a long time ago if I would have known what I was missing not having a set of these!
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited November 2004
    snap some pics and post em please......
    Life without music would
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2004
    Originally posted by F1nut
    ... drive 800 miles one way to pick them up.
    I love a good speaker roadtrip...

C'mon spb, you know what they look like... ;)

mopar,
    You around Santa Claus, IN.?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • moparnut
    edited November 2004
    I'm very close to Santa Claus IN but they have just been sold and paid for. Thanks for shopping! I think they are going to a very good home as the new owner has lots of Polk stuff.
    Paul
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited November 2004
    moparnut- introduce him to Club Polk!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2004
    mpn,
    Congrats on your sale...

Did not ask about nearness to SC, IN. for a buy, but Holiday World proximity...

Spent a day+ on the Raven and the The Legend this past June. I lost count of the number of rides in the 30's... and that's as in 30's for each one... :D

Two of the most awesome WRC's I've ever been on... I trust you have had the pleasure...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited December 2004
    Mr. and Mrs. Moparnut delivered the SRS this afternoon. Way cool folks. Thanks for an easy transaction and willingness to deliver!

While demoing, I turned them on to Within Temptation's latest, "The Silent Force." Ethereal beauty comin' out of those Polks. :D

The SRS have been impeccably maintained. It appears that I'm the 3rd forum member to own this pair... do we need to start creating a pedigree database for Polks? ;)

I've got a Denon 3910 DVD player arriving this week. Once I hook up the analog connections, THEN we'll see what these puppies can do audio-wise. :D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    edited December 2004
    Polk SDA

I was looking over your site...

And I would like to let you know, the Polk includes the list to ALOT of the vintage models specs on their website...

FWIW
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by polksda

I've got a Denon 3910 DVD player arriving this week. Once I hook up the analog connections, THEN we'll see what these puppies can do audio-wise. :D

I really enjoy the analog outs of my 2900 and the multi channel is outstanding. I can't waite to read your impression of the 3910.

1/4twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • moparnut
    edited December 2004
    Hey POLKSDA,
    My wife and I had a really good time meeting you and checking out all the different Polks you had-your obsessed man! Thanks for also widening my musical horizons. My new "Within Temptation" CD should be here any day!! Hope you take care of my babies for a long time.
    Paul