I just found the most incredible 2ch setup I have ever seen... wow!

Options
Joey_V
Joey_V Posts: 8,520
edited December 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
This was from another forum (av123) and I just had to share it.

http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/663.html

Everything is freakingly disgusting... from the ceramic speakerwire stands, to the power conditioner, the wood veneered amps, the amp stands that probably cost more than my entire setup x 10... wowow!

Disgustingly exotic and disgustingly expensive.... wow.... and I thought I was rolling with these Lsi9s. :p
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
Post edited by Joey_V on

Comments

• LuSh
    LuSh Posts: 887
    edited November 2004
    Options
    The EMM DAC he is using is from the same guy that created the Museatex DAC I own. Ed Meitner. The EMM DC6 takes all sources and upsamples to DSD however. And retails for about 8 times the price of my DAC.
  • Joey_V
    edited November 2004
    Options
    I think the whole setup is 250K total.... a nice chunk of change. I love the fact that he ONLY has 1 chair... not a couch or a two seater... just one - for HIM alone!

LOL..... good stuff!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Only a Dream for me.

Works in Retail doing what I wonder.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Joey_V
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Probably owns a retail store.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2004
    Options
    I'm not sure I like that carpet. Maybe he just cheaped out and didn't go for the good padding.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by disneyjoe7
    Only a Dream for me.

Works in Retail doing what I wonder.

Selling drugs can be considered retail.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Damn! Where can I get suckered into...er .....I mean......

I really want some upside down tea cups for my HD speaker wire too!!:rolleyes:
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Dear lord... that almost brought a tear to my eye. I'd L O V E to hear it. Again, what kind of retail is this guy in? Owner of Nordstrom's? haha
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Joey_V
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Kharma Exquisite Reference 1D speakers....

Those things are 120,000$ retail. WOW!

In order for someone to splurge on something like that, he would have to be one hell of a rich guy! :)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Very cool set up and well thought out room, what's not to like!

BTW, if zero had bothered to read the entire discription......
    "Shunyata Hydra (power center) for sources, EPS-3 power cord on the Hydra."
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• djreef
    djreef Posts: 71
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Yea his stuff's nice, but I got way more CD's than he does!

DJ
    = 8-->{I>
    = 8-->{I>
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited November 2004
    Options
    This man has no ****! :D

Seriously. He put all that money into the room and he couldn't get a non-white grille for his wall? Also look at his white bordered windows. YUCK! :D
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited November 2004
    Options
    i wonder if those teacups make an audible difference.....and i wonder if you could just buy yourself a brick of sculptie and mold yourself a bunch for a couple bucks.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Retail... I'm thinking used car salesman...

If ya got it to burn, WTF...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Those cable insulators are $70.00 for a set of 8, that's $8.75 each.....BFD! I don't have any and I don't know if they work, but I might try them one day.

Some of you guys kill me. Just because the guy has a mega buck set up you ridicule his gear, his room and the size of his ****?!? Grow the F up.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited November 2004
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I'd love to sit on that chair with all the lights out and crank the volume!

Maurice
  • Tour2ma
    edited November 2004
    Options
    True, but if you turned off the lights you wouldn't see that gorgeous room. Not a parallel surface to be found...

I had to look this up: http://www.rivesaudio.com/
    Neat home page... I think this owners room plans is one of the images that floats in and out.

I am missing one thing in his EQ List.... his Pre. Looks to be in the upper shelf, above the DAC, but if the listing is there, I'm not seeing it. Did see the little Placette remote volume control.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    Did see the little Placette remote volume control.
    I think that is what he might be using for his pre. That little thing is supposed to be freakin awesome. Absolutely no coloration and 125 step attenuator that uses only Vishay resistors. Gets great reviews. pretty awesome system to "only" have a $1000 volume control as the preamp.

http://www.placetteaudio.com
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by F1nut
    Some of you guys kill me. Just because the guy has a mega buck set up you ridicule his gear, his room and the size of his ****?!? Grow the F up.

LoL!

I LOVE the man's setup. I was just being a jerk :D

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm heading down to my dungeon...
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Joey_V
    Kharma Exquisite Reference 1D speakers....

Those things are 120,000$ retail. WOW!

In order for someone to splurge on something like that, he would have to be one hell of a rich guy! :)

Tell me that's for a pair.....
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2004
    Options
    I thought all of us had similar setups... :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited November 2004
    Options
    i thought those little teacup things were expensive.....i guess i was wrong
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited November 2004
    Options
    More 12kV pin-type insulators...

Personally, I prefer the look of post-type insulators.

Also, to better match his decor, he should have gotten brown Lapp insulators, rather than the gray. ;)

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Hello,
    Well, if he really wants to step into the big time he needs a fully tricked out Ampex MR70 (only 80 were ever made) studio machine made with nuvistors (miniture vacuum tubes). Or a Studer G37 fully "blueprinted" and a handfull of master tape copies. Or even a Stellavox SP7 or SU8 modified by Charlie King and the pearly gates will open wide. Rule number one: always improve your system as close as possible to the audio source. The better the program material, the better the sound.
    Ken
  • TheReaper
    TheReaper Posts: 636
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Airplay355
    i wonder if those teacups make an audible difference.....
    I would say that running 20 feet of L/R interconnect in parallel, has a much greater chance of making an audible difference.
    Win7 Media Center -> Onkyo TXSR702 -> Polk Rti70
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited November 2004
    Options
    pfffthhhh...Even if i was rich at this point i would still only have SDA's...just lots of other expensive gear :)

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • Tour2ma
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by audiobliss
    Tell me that's for a pair.....
    Just for grins... Orion says:
    KHARMA SPK, EXQUISITE REFERENCE 1D-DE (PAIR)
    Manufacture Years: 2003 - Current
    Retail
    MSRP: $97,000.00
    USED: $46,100.00
    Wholesale
    Mint: $31,400.00
    Average: $21,300.00

Worse than driving a new car off of the lot...

One thing I'd get after the Riva folks about... I think they eff'd up the location of that tunnel for the transport to DAC connection.

Either that or the owner moved his chair... :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    edited November 2004
    Options
    haha, thing has a worst resale value than the Wilson X1...

Still is alot of money though for a pair of speakers, more than I would ever consider spending...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • newsman
    newsman Posts: 198
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Those cable elevators (tea cup thingies) are $20 each over at musicdirect.com - I'll certenly buy some once I get house and hardwood floors.
    :)
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by newsman
    Those cable elevators (tea cup thingies) are $20 each over at musicdirect.com - I'll certenly buy some once I get house and hardwood floors.
    :)

Those are just pin-type insulators used by power companies thorughout the world. Nothing special about them.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d