Half-Life 2!

Options
Mjr7531
Mjr7531 Posts: 856
edited February 2006 in Video Games
Half-Life 2 is gonna be out in a matter of hours, 11 right now, and I'm excited, are you excited?! I've been waiting a year for this game, it looks awesome, do I seem excited? :)

fyi, I'm not skipping school tommorrow to play, I'm just getting up really really early to play.
Post edited by Mjr7531 on

Comments

• bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited November 2004
    Options
    With the release of GTA and Halo2, I had totally missed HL2. Kind of sad since this game had so much hype about a year ago.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Call me a pesimist, but I am guessing this game is going to be a real stinker, all things relative.

I bet it would've been awesome two years ago though.
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited November 2004
    Options
    This game is going to be UNREAL.
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited November 2004
    Options
    It's really frikkin' sweet :)
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2004
    Options
    ....must get to Microcenter now....
  • Mjr7531
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Shizelbs
    Call me a pesimist, but I am guessing this game is going to be a real stinker, all things relative.

I bet it would've been awesome two years ago though.

Even with the really high expectations, Half-life 2 is meeting them,
    This game is nothing short of amazing, It's fast paced, tatical, and fun. That's the first 2 hours or so. It's really awesome...
  • stereo55
    stereo55 Posts: 418
    edited November 2004
    Options
    I too am enjoying the game . Iam currently in the water canal on the air-bike where its kinda easy to get lost while trying to overcome the bad guys at the same time . That damn chopper is really a pain in the A$$ . lol
    All-in-all the game is blast so far and runs smooth on a 9800 Pro @ 1280X1024 on an overclocked 2.6C ( running @ 3450) .
    I think there could have been some more "texturing" in the game , but it still looks beautiful .
    I really wish too , there would have been a complete separate multiplayer game more to the likes of what came with the original HL1 , more so then just adding in CS (just not a big CS fan ) .

But for now , Iam more happy with HF2 . :D
    SDA-2B's ~ Pair SDA-CRS's ~ ,*** Main listening: Maggies MG1 ~ Polk SDA 2B's ~ Monitor 10's , 3-pairs (2 pairs moded into SDA's w/SDA-2B/CRS cross-overs) , * DCM TF600's * Mission M71/M72 *** Main brdrm FRT: RTiA-5's /Presence RTi-4 / LSI-704 Cntr / Rear FXI3's ~~~ Assorted Main listening rm : , 2- Heathkit W-5M /tube mono blocks (Parasound P/HP-850)* * 2- Altec Lansing 1590b's/mono blocks (Yamaha C-45) * CM Labs 35D * Dynaco ST-70 ~ Occasionally ~* Yamaha CR-820/A-760 ,* Sansui AU-317/AU-217 * Carver 900 rec *2-Dynaco ST 120* 1 Hafler DH-220* Marantz 1040 ... more
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I know I'm late in replying in this thread....

It's an amazing game. I absolutely love it. The water has to be one of the best parts.
  • Mjr7531
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Demiurge
    I know I'm late in replying in this thread....

It's an amazing game. I absolutely love it. The water has to be one of the best parts.

Isn't it? I love throwing stuff in it to watch it splash. My favorite part is the Manipulator Gun, I pick up the explosive barrels and toss em' at the enemy, well, I try anyways, I always misjudge and blow myslef up when I'm next to a pilar. It seems, valve was smart enough (Keep in mind, Valve was smart enough to do alot of things) to align the guns as if it were actually being held by the right hand :eek:
    Nifty, eh?
  • PolkThug
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Damn this game rocks. I just went from midnight to 3:00am in about 20 minutes! ;)

must sleep...
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2005
    Options
    If anyone wants to sell me their copy when they are done, let me know.
  • MSkeezer
    MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Awesome, awesome game. Definitely one of the best games ever. The gravity gun was easily my favorite weapon. I love slinging saw blades at baddies, cutting them in half instantly.
  • PolkThug
    edited January 2005
    Options
    I'm playing the Counter Strike Source that comes with it, it kicks **** also.
  • MSkeezer
    MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
    edited January 2005
    Options
    I'll be playing CS-S whenever we get cable. I'm only on dial up right now. *swears*
  • Mjr7531
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    I'm playing the Counter Strike Source that comes with it, it kicks **** also.

Have you tried the Death match yet? I haven't yet, but will after I beat the game, I've heard the gravity gun makes that game absolutely awesome
  • PolkThug
    edited January 2005
    Options
    CS-S community is great, there are over 3000 servers running at any given moment. Team-based killing against other players is addictive like crack. Wonder if my wife is starting to miss me? ;)
  • Mjr7531
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Just beat HL2, not gonna mention anything,
    Amazing ending and now I'm dying for HL3! :)
  • Mjr7531
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Does it support for the Miles Decoding system? (I think it was decoding...)
    I beleive they use that that to process the sound.
  • PolkThug
    edited January 2005
    Options
    I'm at the "bug bait" point in the game.
  • stereo55
    stereo55 Posts: 418
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    I'm at the "bug bait" point in the game.

Heh heh .... yeah the "bug bait" part of the game is pretty cool . Its nice to have those damn things on your side for a change , as they (the bugs) do VERY well against those many soldiers trying to GET YA !!! :D Just a little , toss-here and a toss-there and .... POOF .... the bad guys are history . tee-hee .
    SDA-2B's ~ Pair SDA-CRS's ~ ,*** Main listening: Maggies MG1 ~ Polk SDA 2B's ~ Monitor 10's , 3-pairs (2 pairs moded into SDA's w/SDA-2B/CRS cross-overs) , * DCM TF600's * Mission M71/M72 *** Main brdrm FRT: RTiA-5's /Presence RTi-4 / LSI-704 Cntr / Rear FXI3's ~~~ Assorted Main listening rm : , 2- Heathkit W-5M /tube mono blocks (Parasound P/HP-850)* * 2- Altec Lansing 1590b's/mono blocks (Yamaha C-45) * CM Labs 35D * Dynaco ST-70 ~ Occasionally ~* Yamaha CR-820/A-760 ,* Sansui AU-317/AU-217 * Carver 900 rec *2-Dynaco ST 120* 1 Hafler DH-220* Marantz 1040 ... more
  • PolkThug
    edited January 2005
    Options
    I like the queef sound it makes when you squeeze the bug bait.
  • PolkThug
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Just logged another 3 hours into this one. This game never ends!
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited August 2005
    Options
    What's sad is that the ending left me wondering...WTF????? Other than that, an awesome game, w/some of the best graphics to date.
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Is this out for Xbox yet? Ive heard its one of the best first person shooters ever. Im all about FPS's.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Just beat it last night... ending was cool but weird. Left it open for..... tum tum tum:

HL2: Aftermath!!!

YAY!!!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • PolkThug
    edited August 2005
    Options
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Mac,

According to EBGames...here is the release date.

Half Life 2
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Mac,

According to EBGames...here is the release date.

Half Life 2

Good, Ive been looking for a good game to play. Ive played Doom 3 enough to be tired of it and even my mainstay, Max Payne, is getting a little old.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I know this thread is really old but I just got Half Life 2 two nights ago and it is EASILY the greatest game ever, in my opinion.

First of all the graphics are nothing less than stunning. I have an Athlon 2800+ with a GeForce 6600GT running at 1280x960 with 2x AA enabled on a Sony 21" flat CRT. At times the screen actually looks real.

The physics of the game make it what it is. I found myself for 30+ minutes messing around with the gravity gun, especially on the level where you're near the ocean driving the car around. That level is absolutely SICK! I had my Sennheiser HD580s on and I literally felt like I was in the game. At times I felt like I was in a nightmare, literally. Going from house to house on that level driving the car, inspecting what's inside the houses, and the background music for that level...perfect.

I played two nights ago from 1am - 7am, and last night from 1am - 6:30am. 11.5 hours in two nights isn't too bad, right? :D
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I just booted it back up again to play the Lost Coast. You should certainly give it a try when you are done since its a bit better looking with the dynamic lighting, though you will probobly have to turn off AA to make it playable.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.