Vac-u-Vin Your Dimpled tweeters away...

Options
Tour2ma
Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
edited November 2004 in Troubleshooting
The tweeter on my original CS400 got dimpled somewhere along the road of life. I've read all the "tape/ sticky stuff on the end of a pencil" approaches, but thought there had to be something better...

Tonite I was putting away a couple wine glasses and spyed my trusty Vac-u-Vin and went hummmmm...

Turns out the Little Sucker (pun intended) is a perfect fit on the rim of the standard Polk tweeter's dome...

Before...
More later,
Tour...
Vox Copuli
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
Post edited by Tour2ma on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    edited November 2004
    Options
    ... and after...

Not perfect, but not bad either... may try a little tape follow up, but really is acceptable as it is...

And it's great for saving opened bottles of wine... available at Amazon.com...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,072
    edited November 2004
    Options
    I am pretty sure about this...

If you remove the RTi tweeter from the baffle (I posted a thread about how to do this in troubleshooting) ---

And twist off the magnet, you will have access to the dome... ;) (If I remember correctly)

That is pretty cool though....
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Tour - after seeing that tweeter, it sure doesn't look like the SL5500 we discussed in an earlier thread. Did you happen to pull it out and look.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Tour2ma
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Sure didn't...

And now no need to as the dimple is fixed (at least as far as I am concerned) and the newbie with the RT400's bought current stock CSi and FXi models...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2004
    Options
    You got rid of the dimple, which was cute.

Now it's got a nipple, and it's sexy ;)
  • Eric W
    Eric W Posts: 556
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    I am pretty sure about this...

If you remove the RTi tweeter from the baffle (I posted a thread about how to do this in troubleshooting) ---

And twist off the magnet, you will have access to the dome... ;) (If I remember correctly)

That is pretty cool though....

You're correct on this for the previous Rti generation you could access the back of the dome this way. Most dome tweeters are sealed from the rear however.
    -Eric
    -Polk Audio