cs400i tweeter

Options
drakan
drakan Posts: 54
edited October 2004 in Troubleshooting
earlier today i walked into the living room and someone had left the system on(girlfriend's kids)nothing playing it was just powered on.i could hear this hiss coming from my cs400i.i took the grill off and it was coming from the tweeter, i put my hand over it and could feel air coming out of it.there is no visible signs of damage does this meen it's blown? if yes, i guess it's time to call polk cs.

thanks in advance,drakan
Post edited by drakan on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Ooops...

What was your amp's volume level setting when you noticed the hissssssssss? Most systems have some level of background noise... When no source material is present to mask it, it will become noticeable at some volume setting... obviously the higher setting, the better, i.e., the noise is lower...

If the above is the case, we can go hunting the source of the "noise".

How does it sound with source material spinnin'?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • drakan
    drakan Posts: 54
    edited October 2004
    Options
    not to sure somewhere around -35(being -70 no sound to +8 blasting)but why would air be shooting out of the tweeter like it was hook up to a compressor?when playing cd/dvd i don't hear nothing.maybe i'm to far away to hear it? thanks for the help,just thought since my other tweeters are not leaking air,that maybe it ment this one was blown?

drakan
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,098
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Play a song...

If there is really an 'air leak' you should be able to see it.

If it still plays, I would try to locate the problem and fix it. Especially since Polk dosnt offer this tweeter anymore, you will be stuck with the Silk
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.