Post Polkfest Observations

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2004
    "Damnit Bruce, will you stop moving crap around for two seconds...."
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2004
    Man, talk about a pic that just captures Russ sweating 100 proof.

You can almost smell it

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2004
    Dude, I was as cool as a cucumber.

That was after me and Mark were outside, sitting in the rain, smoking.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2004
    Gotcha....
  • Lovely Wendi
    Lovely Wendi Posts: 34
    edited October 2004
    I LOVE the "Hugabunch babies" pic!!! That is my favorite one of all!!!! Get it--Doro and Russman. Still talking about it! I tell you we have hosted many air force parties that were cool but the Polk one ripped the roof off! Cheers!

LW
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN

That was after me and Mark were outside, sitting in the rain, smoking.

What he neglected to mention was that they could have gone to the garage to smoke and therefore would have stayed dry. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited October 2004
    We're Hardcore brother....you wouldn't know anything about that.....maybe back in the day however, you vintage hellion :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by F1nut
    What he neglected to mention was that they could have gone to the garage to smoke and therefore would have stayed dry. :D
    That's assuming they could have FOUND the garage.....

What I found amusing about that picture was our host in the background....while everyone else was drinking beer out of whatever container that looked halfway clean or drinking straight out of the bottle...."Mr" Dion was carefully pouring his beverage into his sparkling wine glasses...I guess that now he is a world traveler his level of sophistication is a cut above the rest of us.....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    He's pouring that for Wendi...

BDT would drink out of an old tennis shoe, if that's all there was available...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2004
    Aww hell, Gunny has to run him off the water bowl, who you kiddin'???
  • Lovely Wendi
    Lovely Wendi Posts: 34
    edited October 2004
    I am definitely the wine drinker---we were trying to look official. I like mine out of a jelly jar! ha! As for BDT, did anybody get pics of him under the tap?

LW
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2004
    some more shots

Shack looking for his...................thingy
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2004
    DisneyJoe seeing if his thumb can be used to remove..........
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2004
    Tour showing is sitting flexability and adjusting Troy's stuff
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2004
    Amulford taking a 10 sec. break from the Keg, to nibble, LW with that smile (thinking when are they leaving) some drunks outside on the deck
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2004
    Garage Talk--Big Al and Polk Paul explaining to the gang how they really run things
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2004
    Doro adjusting his..................................................Sony
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2004
    Hoosier--singing Three Times a Lady
    The Loverly and her Loverly Tongue (notice her glass is empty) and it is a jar.......
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2004
    Well Paul now that you mention it, Matt will know that you were boozing while on duty!!!!! Oh, yea, I remember now you said he was cool with it.....................here is a shot of me and Polk Paul after I explained the finer points of night life in prison to him, my what a big grin he has..............
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2004
    The SDA couch........Polk Paul, Doro--eyeing the remotes considering touching Shack to get them, Shack keeping the remotes from Tour, Big Al wondering what the hell is with these guys, Tour and Dr Pepper, Our host Troy..............

I will put some more up later when I get some time.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by "Polk" Paul DiComo
    How we run things? Like a couple of knuckleheads. Notice I have a beer in my hand in every photo? What a coincidence. That beer mug was a very nice present from Troy & the gang - it had "Polk Paul" engraved on one side and a South Carolina palmetto on the other. I'm giving that mug a real workout almost every day. What drinking problem? I have no problem drinking.

Hey, I'm just glad that we got you something that you would use. The Lovely Wendi thought it might be tacky but I believe in things that are useful.

I drink, I get drunk, I fall down. No problem.

BDT
  • amulford
    edited October 2004
    Well, at least you don't accost the friendly local flora...
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2004
    That crazy plant they have out front both scared me and excited me at the same time.
  • F1nut
    edited October 2004
    Sheep, goats and now plants........We are parting company! :D

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by F1nut
    Sheep, goats and now plants........We are parting company! :D
    Meaning you draw the line at plants????

doro is simply an equal opportunity effer...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • amulford
    edited October 2004
    I have to admit, the one tree looked like it had some "wood" for you...:D

(talk about bad humor;) )
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    ... but FUNNY... LOL...

Ring up one for Ant-ony...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited October 2004
    How about this?

I doctored it so you can see everyone..
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    edited October 2004
    Geez, don't use that one. It was a joking around pic, not a good represenation of the event and Polk's good name.

President of Club Polk

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by "Polk" Paul DiComo
    Polk Fest '04 (Rumble in the Jungle) will be forever immortalized in the next isue of the Polk newspaper. Of course neither Al nor I tok any pix. Whoever has hi res pix, especially group shots and a shot of the wall of speakers in the LR, please pass them on to me this week.

PP

Paul you got it Canon Digital rebel that picture is like 3meg in size 6.1 meg camera. Just PM your E-mail or we can talk if you need more I have many good pictures. :)

Happy to help.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer