my computer speakers

Options
assaultwarrior
assaultwarrior Posts: 2
edited October 2004 in Troubleshooting
hey, my old hp came with these two polk audio speakers, that computer also had a keyboard that would control the volume of the speakers and other things. Right now I got these speakers on a different computer and I can barely hear anything, are there any sort of drivers that I could download?

Thanks
Adam
Post edited by assaultwarrior on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,093
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Check the computers 'master' volume in audio controls in the control pannel
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • assaultwarrior
    assaultwarrior Posts: 2
    edited October 2004
    Options
    ya, volume settings are all good, i checked all that first. The speakers are whisper quiet still
  • LethalLee
    LethalLee Posts: 27
    edited October 2004
    Options
    there is 2 types of audio outputs on most soundcards. one is for non amplified speakers which is basically like an hi-powered amp called "audio out" the other is a headphone output which has very little output called "line out". thats whats on my hp comp. what u have it on is the headphone output.
  • Eric W
    Eric W Posts: 556
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Hi, the reason that those speakers do not work is because they did not have a build in amplifier. They had an amplifier built into the sound card, so when you try to use them with a new computer/sound card, the vast majority of them do not have built in amplifiers so unfortunately that is the reason why they do not work or work very faintly.
    -Eric
    -Polk Audio
  • LethalLee
    LethalLee Posts: 27
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Whats the soundcard you are using now?

By the way im going to integrate an 8 inch sub an amp them for 2.1 cause i love these little 2inch speakers more than my z680s. It produces more midbass than the 3inch Logitechs cause the ports actually have air coming out. Power Port Technology. I'll use an 8 inch Polk DB subwoofer and have it sealed.