RT1000i subwoofer quit

Options
GregoryC
GregoryC Posts: 2
edited October 2004 in Troubleshooting
I have a pair of RT1000i's. Something with the subwoofer in one of the towers has apparently gone bad. The green LED that indicates power to the sub has gone out on one. The other sub works fine and the green LED is still lit. What can I do to fix the bad sub?
Also, I used to hear a clicking sound coming from both speakers occasionally. It sounded like a relay turning on and off. Is this clicking normal? It would happen even when the speakers weren't doing anything. The speakers are plugged into separate outlets than my receiver so they're always powered.
Post edited by GregoryC on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Hello,
    It is possible the bass amplifier's AC fuse has blown, especially if you have experienced interruptions in your local AC service. To check the fuse you will unplug the AC power cord and remove the 12 Phillips head screws that go around the amplifier's input plate. the complete amplifier will come away from the cabinet and you should find a plastic covering going over the back part of the amplifier. There should be two Phillips head screws holding the back box onto the amplifier. Once removed you should be able to separate the cover from the amplifier. Look at the area where the AC power cord comes through the metal input plate. There will be a fuse holder with a 1 Ampere, 250 Volt, time delay 5mm x 20mm fuse. If the fuse is heavily blackened there is a more serious problem with the amplifier and there's no need to try replacing the fuse. But, hopefully the fuse will just be "open" and replacing the fuse will solve the problem.
    Regards, Ken
  • GregoryC
    GregoryC Posts: 2
    edited October 2004
    Options
    changing the fuse fixed the problem, thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Great, thanks for letting me know.
    Regards, Ken