Home Automation

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,185
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Hey guys,
I would like to know if any of you guys do any home automation,multiroom,multisourse audio and video threwout your homes?
I do Niles,Elan and Amx/panja/phast.I'm in the middle of building a new home and as soon as they are ready,I'm wiring the house for Elan Via touch panel's in most of the room's,Phone system which has whole house paging,camera's,Music in every room,and a stand alone Theater in the Basement.Outdoor's will also have 2 to 3 pair of speaker's independant of each other as all zones will be completely.
I just got back from Elan training in Kentucky,man there system's are nice,easy to use and make lots of sense.I like Phast but so nmuch Programming and there's no end to what it can do.Niles is to limited for me but make some nice stuff.
I plan on using Polk inwalls in every zone inside,and Polk new outdoors outside.
The Theater will be killer when It'scompleter as I want to upgrade some if not all of my current gear.
Dan
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2001
    Wired our new house last Feb, no x-10, nothing high tech, straight forward job. Ran cat5 to every room for phone/network. Ran coax to every room for video.

Whole house audio tickles my fancy. I have 4 zones in the 4bdrm house. Zone 1, family room and open kitchen, running Celestion F2 towers. Zone 2, home theater room, running the B&W 303's (also mains in the HT) through the DCM Sub 1 (also lfe in the HT). Zone 3, master bedroom, running Polk R10's with modded xovers. Zone 4, outside, running Polk M2's (thnks George) until the Atrium series comes out. As far as outside goes, I think I will add a seperate volume control for that zone once bearable fall weather arrives.

Power from a Yamaha 160 watt/4 ohm, HK changer. Audioquest interconnects. Ran home depot 14/2 wire to all zones inside, and 16/2 outside. Finished out with gold banana wall plates, used silver solder and heat shrink for the connections. Sima 4 zone, impedance matching (4ohm) switch.

I run seperate systems in the guest bedroom, wifes office, my office and garage.

Absolutley LOVE rocking the house, nothing like sound everywhere, and LOTS of it.....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited August 2001
    Man that sounds cool. Did you run all the wires in the wall or they along the baseboards? I moved into an older house and had to run all my cat5 cable along the baseboards held with staples. It's still pretty awesome though having the house all wired up.

I wanted to put the hub in the hallway in a glass case (mmmmm, blinking green lights), but my female roommate didn't approve.

~JB
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2001
    Ran all the wiring during construction.....just after the roof went on, but before the sheetrock.....

Lights, lights are cool. VU Meters are cool too, the analog style....

I always thought the ultimate would be to have an actual KEY, an ignition almost, to 'fire up' the sound system....

Opening sequence from 'Back To The Future' comes to mind....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.