i need info about the 5jr monitor series! please...

Options
milo
milo Posts: 3
edited September 2004 in Troubleshooting
hi, i have a pair of polk audio speakers, the "5jr monitor series".

im selling them so I need info about:

-watts
-rms
-impedance
-frequency

thank you...

:p:p:p

i'll be waiting for a reply ;)
Post edited by milo on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited September 2004
    Options
    :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Watt : Is the unit of power used to rate the output of audio amplifiers. For a wattage number to have meaning the distortion level and impedance must also be specified.

Rms : (root-mean-square): The square root of the mean of the sum of the squares. Commonly used as the effective value of measuring a sine wave's electrical power. Even though a technically incorrect term (watts continuous is correct), it has become a standard in amplifier measurements.

Impedance : Impedance is a measure of electrical resistance specified in ohms. Speakers are commonly listed as 4 or 8 ohms but speakers are reactive devices and a nominal 8 ohm speaker might measure from below 4 ohms to 60 or more ohms over its frequency range. This varying impedance curve is different for each speaker model and makes it impossible to design a really effective "generic" speaker level high-pass filter. Active devices like amplifiers typically have an input impedance between about 10,000-100,000 ohms and the impedance is the same regardless of frequency.

Frequency : The range of human hearing is commonly given as 20-20,000Hz (20Hz-20kHz). One hertz (Hz) represents one cycle per second, 20Hz represents 20 cycles per second and so on. Lower numbers are lower frequencies

Now, go peddle your speakers to the masses (elsewhere).

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • milo
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Watt : Is the unit of power used to rate the output of audio amplifiers. For a wattage number to have meaning the distortion level and impedance must also be specified.

Rms : (root-mean-square): The square root of the mean of the sum of the squares. Commonly used as the effective value of measuring a sine wave's electrical power. Even though a technically incorrect term (watts continuous is correct), it has become a standard in amplifier measurements.

Impedance : Impedance is a measure of electrical resistance specified in ohms. Speakers are commonly listed as 4 or 8 ohms but speakers are reactive devices and a nominal 8 ohm speaker might measure from below 4 ohms to 60 or more ohms over its frequency range. This varying impedance curve is different for each speaker model and makes it impossible to design a really effective "generic" speaker level high-pass filter. Active devices like amplifiers typically have an input impedance between about 10,000-100,000 ohms and the impedance is the same regardless of frequency.

Frequency : The range of human hearing is commonly given as 20-20,000Hz (20Hz-20kHz). One hertz (Hz) represents one cycle per second, 20Hz represents 20 cycles per second and so on. Lower numbers are lower frequencies

Now, go peddle your speakers to the masses (elsewhere).

Cheers,
    Russ

Thank you for your answer, ;)

but, i need to know the specs of the 5jr monitor series.

i mean, watts, rms, impedance, frequency.

thanks again russel, i really didn't know the meanings of all these terms, but now i do
    :p
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited September 2004
    Options
    What part of nothing for you here, aren't you getting???
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,041
    edited September 2004
    Options
    edited

Do some research Pal
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • milo
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    edited

Do some research Pal

trust me, i been looking for info around all the net.

please help me...

:D:D

i need that info now!! :(:(
  • Eric W
    Eric W Posts: 556
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by milo
    hi, i have a pair of polk audio speakers, the "5jr monitor series".

im selling them so I need info about:

-watts
    -rms
    -impedance
    -frequency

thank you...

:p:p:p

i'll be waiting for a reply ;)

Electrical
    Overall Frequency Response 30Hz - 25kHz
    Lower -3dB Limit 48Hz
    Upper -3dB Limit 23kHz