swerve Posts: 1,862
edited November 2004 in Video Games
I'll give this a shot. Anyone here play any Capcom fighting games such as:
any old school street fighter
Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Capcom Vs. SNK2
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

or anything else?
It'd be cool to get a little conversation going on 2d fighters, hell maybe even Guilty Gear XX (even though it's Sammy)
So anyone play these games seriously? By seriously I mean go to events//gathering not just owning them and thinking you know something (but hell whatever floats your boat.)
-adam
cats.vans.bag...
Post edited by swerve on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited September 2004
    I don't like Street Fighter, but I hear PS2 is releasing like 4 games in one or something to that effect.
  • swerve
    edited September 2004
    yea the anniversary collection. It comes with SF: The animated movie, all the versions of SF2, and arcade perfect Street Fighter: 3rd Strike. Haven't picked it up yet since I don't really play 3s, but I'm sure I"ll buy it just to have it within the next month.
    -adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2004
    I could play any version of Street Fighter all day long, every day, until I am an old man with arthritis. I love them all, but for my money Street Fighter Alpha 3 is the best. Tekken, DOA, Virtua Fighter, Soul Caliber all suck it compared to Street Fighter. Hell I even liked the 3D versions they put out.
  • swerve
    edited September 2004
    Alpha 3 is great, I played it to learn spacing before I got into CvS2. And for the 3d games EX3 was fun for a little while because you can cancel everything and that makes for some pretty crazy stuff going on.

I'm a big Tekken Tag fan so I can't say Tekken sucks =D. But namco is good @ what they do and Capcom is good as well. It's hard to argue the 2d genre vs. the 3d genre.
    -adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited November 2004
    Originally posted by Shizelbs
    I love them all, but for my money Street Fighter Alpha 3 is the best.

I agree. I don't own a PS2 or PSone anymore, but I would love to see Street fighter come out for XBOX.:cool:
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • swerve
    edited November 2004
    Originally posted by landry_p2000
    I agree. I don't own a PS2 or PSone anymore, but I would love to see Street fighter come out for XBOX.:cool:
    Capcom Vs. SNK2 is a street fighter game..... it's even on XBL

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • landry_p2000
    edited November 2004
    I need to check that out.
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited November 2004
    I'm a huge fan of Street Fighter. I perfer the older games.

I still have my Nintendo (Super ) just for when I want to play the orignals. I got em all.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • swerve
    edited November 2004
    Originally posted by mantis
    I'm a huge fan of Street Fighter. I perfer the older games.

I still have my Nintendo (Super ) just for when I want to play the orignals. I got em all.
    nice =D

you play on a stick or a pad?

ST Ryu and Sagat are ridiculous

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited November 2004
    I have the factory paddles with the Super Nintendo
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Vgamer4550
    Vgamer4550 Posts: 26
    edited November 2004
    To all of you Xbox owners out there check out SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos. Just came out the other day. Its SNKs take on the vs. Series. Its an OK addition to the series. I think I have to agree that Alpha 3 was probably one of the funnest Fighters of the 2D realm to date. Although I have to give it up to Capcom vs. SNK 2. Now if Capcom would do something to revolutionize the genre. The New Capcom game coming out......Capcom Fighting Evolution looks cool but it has that "been there done that (a thousand times) feel to it. We need something new.....Street Fighter 4 anyone. I love fighters too much to see dem go the way of the doe doe. Well, whats your guys' opinion.
  • swerve
    edited November 2004
    yea... fighting jam looks good

svc: chaos really was a flop - it's more of a joke than a game to serious 2d gamers.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • landry_p2000
    edited November 2004
    Originally posted by swerve

svc: chaos really was a flop - it's more of a joke than a game to serious 2d gamers.

-adam

Man, I'm glad that you told me about that. I was at gamestop the other night and I almost got this game when I got Halo 2. $50 bucks for a flop? I don't think so! I ended up getting Spider-Man 2 in stead.

• swerve
    edited November 2004
    Originally posted by landry_p2000
    Man, I'm glad that you told me about that. I was at gamestop the other night and I almost got this game when I got Halo 2. $50 bucks for a flop? I don't think so! I ended up getting Spider-Man 2 in stead.
    Alot of people take it as a joke... it was meant to be serious of course... but SNK can't really touch capcom's legacy.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Vgamer4550
    Vgamer4550 Posts: 26
    edited November 2004
    The King of Fighter Series is great in its own rights but I dont think they can touch Street Fighter in terms of fun. It started what everyone else has copied off of. SVC Chaos is ok fun, but I would say its definately a rental........Don't come close to Capcom vs SNK 2