No sound from subwoofer!!!!

Options
Leo79
Leo79 Posts: 8
edited September 2004 in Troubleshooting
I followed the polk instructions by not connecting my sub throught the sub preout but to the front right and left speaker connections instead. The problem is that I don't get any sound out of my sub. So far I've only hooked up the front left, right and center speakers and all those work fine. I even tried connecting the sub with the sub preout and still no sound. I know the sub works, so i know that I'm missing something. Any ideas anyone? Thanks for all your help! I'm using a Sony STRDE897 Receiver by the way and Polk RM7200 speakers....
Post edited by Leo79 on

Comments

• bvette94
    bvette94 Posts: 356
    edited September 2004
    Options
    did you try to turn it on on the receiver in the on screen menu.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,040
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Make sure the driver is plugged up....hehe

Another dudes subwoofer wasnt plugged up internally either - just a thought
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Leo79
    Leo79 Posts: 8
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Yep, I did that. THis is how its set up at the moment. The sub is plugged in to power, is hooked up to my receiver through the subpreout. I turned my speakers up front to small and turned the sub on. I only have my front 3 speakers connected at the moment and the sub, all the other speakers work fine. I was really excited about this thing and now I'm feeling a little down. Thanks for the help though. I really appreciate it.THe hz on mysub is set to about 80 I think. I'm using a SOny STR-DE897 by the way, just incase that helps. Thanks again.
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited September 2004
    Options
    FWIW, you only need to address the problem with one thread, we all look and respond problems and will help where we can. starting mulitaple posts can takeup unnessary space on the forum.

Dave
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for contacting us. Here's a fool proof way to test to see if the sub-woofer is working properly:
    1). turn the volume all of the way down on the sub-woofer and remove all of the connecting cables/wires except the AC power cord.
    2). find the right and left RCA cables that go from your DVD player to the receiver and remove them at the back of the receiver.
    3). bring the DVD player over to the sub-woofer and provide AC power for the DVD player, then connect the right and left RCA cables from the DVD player to the corresponding right and left inputs on the sub-woofer.
    4). begin playing any CD (not a DVD, but a CD) and turn the volume up slightly on the sub-woofer. There should be plenty of clean sounding bass with no bad noises. Let the CD play completely through and try stopping and starting the player.
    Let me know the results.
    Regards, Ken, Polk