problem solved
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=260-443
    compliments of Chris (geolemon)
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited July 2004
    as long as it's more holes than plexiglass, cool!
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2004
    is there a way you could angle the sub so it is still downfiring, but where the magnet is further foward then the cone? so it is kinda down and toward the rear. or even you you just face them towards the read, then still they wouldnt be seen. just a thought...
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2004
    i thought about angling but nothing would work
    trust me...i looked at every aspect of it...i really wanted to go downfire this time
    oo well
    on a side note, im ordering my brahmas in a few minutes...but theyre on backorder:(
    -Cody
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited July 2004
    I know I'm lazy, but what's the recommended vol for those subs?

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited July 2004
    quite small; the 12s are 0.7 to 1.5
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    edited July 2004
    im putting the 12s in a 1.8 ft^3 box
    if i went with the 10s...id be putting them in a .6ft^3
    im going a little bigger to compensate for the lack of power
    -Cody
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited July 2004
    Here you go Cody... I have made up a solution for you to use, the box is made of 1" wood, and you can get your downfiring benefits as well as your lack of band-pass sounding output. the only thing is the seat will have to sit level on top of it instead of that awful looking slant you made for the other box ;)

I will try to figure out the vas on this if you can tell me how wide I can use to figure it.

Here it is, straight off the PC:

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited July 2004
    I pulled the exact sizes for that brahma MKII to make that up for you.
    -Jerry

• LittleCar_w/12s
    edited July 2004
    Also I'd recommend the sides and the middle (around the tranny hump) to be the full square to the floor, as to keep the assemble from falling over forward and to support the weight of passengers.

• exalted512
    edited July 2004
    thanks, but thats not going to work
    i tried doing something similar to that and no matter what i did, something would always not fit
    for one, it cant be 18" across the top...it would stick out 2" more than the current one at the top
    also, the back can only be 6.5" tall because the seat slants up
    i also thought about...well i can always just push up around the magnet, but the way it would have to be angled would put the magnet right on a rail that doesnt give
    im just going to forward fire and get those high excursion grills off of partsexpress
    -Cody
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited July 2004
    Well, I think the forum's out of ideas, so best of luck to ya cody.
    -Jerry

• exalted512
    edited July 2004
    yea...im just going to stick with forward firing now...my main concern was protecting my almost $400 subs...but the grills Chris found will work...so im not that worried anymore
    when i get a new truck next summer ill be able to downfire(more room under the seat)
    -Cody