Got Cold outside real quick

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,182
What's up everyone,
So yesterday I was walking around very comfortable 81 degrees in Lancaster Pa at a cool German village. We ate outside it was wonderful.

Today it was a little cooler coming in around 71 degrees around lunchtime and into the afternoon. Well I went out around 5pm to start up the Smoker and guys it was basically freezing outside. I was shocked how different the temperature was from just a few hours ago and especially compared to yesterday.

Again I say , " Winter is Coming" and I think it's gonna be a cold one.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,560
    I'll take anything 32 to 70
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,865
    Bring it. The colder it is, the more listening I’ll do.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,255
    bcwsrt wrote: »

Yes sir, so sick of Texas summer heat, 98 today
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,064

Just think how your listening pleasure will be elevated with the addition of dual T/7x's! Lol!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,337

Just think how your listening pleasure will be elevated with the addition of dual T/7x's! Lol!!

Well played sir, well played...
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,356
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Yes sir, so sick of Texas summer heat, 98 today

Dude!!! I'm with you. Now being just south of you, I don't know if it's a little hotter or what, in fact it's been so hot, I drank all the beer I had in my fridge I was saving for you :D

If you do end up being able to make it my way, give me a heads up and I'll restock the fridge with Yuengling. Besides, my Lonestar beer was wondering what the heck was going on, I had to drink it!
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,664
    edited October 15
    Upstate NY here.

Had ice on my windshield this morning. That was a surprise I wasn't ready for.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,845
    85 in Fl with ice in the OJ
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,121
    I'll gladly put up with a little ice rather than try to survive in Florida. My sil still doesn't have power but at least she didn't lose her home like lots of unfortunate folks did.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,967
    Now, imagine yourself. Your home, all of your belongings and vehicles are gone. You are living in a tent with what you could gather from the mercy of others. You live in the mountains and it's snowing.

Being without power is but a small chunk of what can lose. Perspective.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,121
    ^^^^^^^Indeed; Looking at the total devastation from the pics that you posted is heartbreaking. In my case it was what I needed to see to make a donation to Samaritan's Purse for the last 2 weeks and I'll do it again this week. Those poor folks have nothing and will no doubt need help for a long time to try and rebuild their shattered lives.

We fret over waxing our vehicles, new audio gear, cables and other nonsense and these people have less than nothing. Just an unimaginable situation to be in.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 784
    32 degrees f and snowing in the mountains this morning (3800ft and higher) when I left for work at 0625. Currently 50 degrees f. A freeze warning for the area will be in effect tonight until 10am tomorrow 10/17.
    2ch rig: Speakers: Magnepan LRS w/Magna Riser stands Preamplifier: Parasound P5 Amplifier: Parasound A23 CDP: Pioneer DV-563A Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)

Standby: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress mods
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 767
    I fired up my gas log fireplace for the first time today. I can't bring myself to turn the heat on yet. Especially since it will be in the 70's here (Near Reading, PA) next week.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |