KUDOS to Dan (mantis)

I had a nice time with Dan on Sunday, he stopped over to pickup the Velo sub that died on me awhile back.
He also brought with him a Mythos 10 center speaker for me to give it a try...it was phenomenal & is now a new addition to my setup. It plays extremely well with the Maggie's.
He also made a few adjustments with the subs that I honestly thought sounded pretty darn good for both HT & 2 channel but when he was done the difference was staggering. He was really impressed with the REL HT 1205 that I recently picked up. He made a few suggestions that I may very well put into action. Hint, hint there just might be 2 REL T/7x subs going up for sale.

His professional knowledge of audio, proper set up & how to make the room work to maximize performance is quite obvious. The man knows his stuff!
He also brought me polish from the line he carries that made the REL gloss finish really dazzle. Great stuff 👍

"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    Cool man, that's what club Polk is all about. Rock on.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    tonyb wrote: »
    Cool man, that's what club Polk is all about. Rock on.

Yes indeed Tony! Hope all is well.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 8,121
    That's awesome guys! Nice job @mantis!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Harmon Kardon HK3490; Bluesounds Node N130; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,865
    It certainly is timely and reassuring to see this and @PSOVLSK's Thank You thread as compared to the Sunfire 200x5 relative dumpster fire. 👍

Phil, are you thinking the Serie HT are better for music than the Serie T RELs?

Gotta say, I would be a bit nervous letting someone else make adjustments to my rig thinking I had already spent the time to dial it in, but good on you for having an open mind!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pearsall001
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    It certainly is timely and reassuring to see this and @PSOVLSK's Thank You thread as compared to the Sunfire 200x5 relative dumpster fire. 👍

Phil, are you thinking the Serie HT are better for music than the Serie T RELs?

Gotta say, I would be a bit nervous letting someone else make adjustments to my rig thinking I had already spent the time to dial it in, but good on you for having an open mind!

Hey Brian,

The REL HT series I believe are real sleepers when it comes to pulling double duty for HT & 2 channel. I still need to give it more time to really get a true feeling. I have a few more configurations I need to do first.
    As far as letting someone else make changes to my system, are you kidding me Dan is the one person I would let have at it. He does this for a living with his own company setting up mega buck systems along with whole house installs. His knowledge is off the charts & took my system to a different level in about an hour or so. Amazing! He's forgotten more than I'll ever know. I'm just glad he lives so close. Lol!
    More to follow for sure. Interesting in maybe adding 2 T/7x's!

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,182
    Thanks for the kind words Phil.

It's always a pleasure to stop by and help out.

Glad your liking the Hyperclean Products, that as I think I told you is my other company.

Those new REL HT series , despite their awesome price tag, are absolutely a GEM in our industry. I was blown away how clean it plays, how deep it goes and how well it plays music as well as Home Theater.

I gotta admit , the REL T series doesn't get out done by the HT series, they are different and offer different advantages.

In Phil's case, he simply had to much bass output in on area of his room, actually the seat where he likes to sit. So I reviewed his placement and setup choices and just improved on those choices.

I will say Phil has a great sounding system and it's always changing. Phil Loves to dip his toes in and once he does, he goes for it.

The Def Tech Mythos 10 center channel now lives in Phil's system I was very impressed how well it blending in, how well it filled the room with wide clear detailed center information. Remarkable how well Sandy thought out that line.

Not to mention Phil has an incredibley cool dog, which I would go there just to hang out with her LOL
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,978
    @mantis is a hack!

But he's my B&K bro, so...

And he knows awesome car detailing stuff.

But he's still a hack!
    I disabled signatures.
  • pearsall001
    Hey Dan,

It certainly was nice seeing you again & putting your expertise to good use. What a difference in bass response after you made a few adjustments. I still have to play around with the other recommendations you made. This weekend is looking good due to the crappy weather we're expecting.

You met Miya a real sweetheart! She just turned 14 in June but unfortunately she's battling cancer but hanging tough. We lost her buddy Watson a few months ago from that evil cancer. That was tough.
    Miya is the brown one. They were best buddies!

zdlwyr3j22un.jpg
    g3mfd5l3iq60.jpg
  • pearsall001
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    That's awesome guys! Nice job @mantis!

That's what's so great about the Polk forum... the comaradity that develops over time & sharing our audio journeys. It's been a great ride that will keep on going!