1,064-HP Twin-Turbo 2025 Corvette ZR1

2»

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,255
    The 0-100mph is impressive…learn it, drive it, and definitely school yourself on the BRAKES
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,374
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I would wreck drive it.

Drive it like u Stole it

not a good recommendation… someone stole a Lamborghini a couple miles from my home and scattered the parts over an area the size of two football fields, after crashing excess of 160mph. Thief killed instantly when his body flew 75 feet into the air and landed 60 yards from the point of impact
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,564
    Man he was flying
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,591
    Not good. I had a accident. A 15 y/o hit the side of my car. Came out of a driveway & went over the handlebars into the windshield pillar & door pillar. Threw his shoes 85 ft. It impacted my whole life & his family as well. Not a day goes by I think of himnaxivcl5uotk.png I was doing 45mph
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,978
    Randy was this that motorcycle kid on a dirt bike? I think you mentioned this once.
    I disabled signatures.
  • boston1450
    edited July 29
    No. I was on my way home from Portland Me. He was in a driveway where bushes were & came out & ran into side of vehicle. Bottom line is. It doesn't take speed to kill. Not that speed doesn't kill. I'm deathly afraid of speed. Even on my 1450 HD I take back roads. I have over 2 million miles as a trucker & I've seen too many accidents. We all bleed . It saddens me to see people getting hurt.. I've been hit on my 2003 HD & I blacked out & I look back & realize it's that easy to die.
  • boston1450
    I went to funeral & Craig's girlfriend walked me up to him & viewed him & I left asap.. She told the police he had been running out in the road all day while at her house. Sad story.. I haven't told this story to many people. But sometimes it helps to let it out. 30+ years later : it still hurts
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,703
    edited July 29
    I tend to agree that anything over 500HP doesn't belong on the street. I mean, you can get yourself in a helluva lotta trouble with even far less power...
    Ask me how I know? Back before there was social media, I did a spinout and bent a rear axle on a very tall, international bridge with a 1983 Mustang GT 5-speed. Pretty lucky to be here still. I picked up the front clip, threw it in the hatch, and went through customs with no headlights...yes, this was before the Patriot Act and all the border crackdowns.
    cj35e5bv6xuk.jpg
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,978
    @boston1450 Randy, I'm really sorry to hear this, man. Aside from when people come on to sell speakers without having 100 posts, you're one of the nicest dudes I know. I can see how that accident could and does haunt you to this day. That's terrible. It would be bad enough to witness, and so I can't imagine what it's like being drawn into such a life altering accident and for it to go so horribly wrong. All so unexpected.
    I disabled signatures.
  • boston1450
    Hey Scott. I was having one of those days. Probably put out too much info. Oh well. Yeah I've seen so many accidents & it haunts me. Anyway. I hope all is well with you & your surviving the heat. It's been warm up here as well. I am so ready for fall.. Enjoy your week & don't work to hard
  • boston1450
    I thought that was a PM lmao
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,337
    boston1450 wrote: »
    I thought that was a PM lmao

You're doing crack too?
    Damn Randy!! Time for an intervention.....
    Kidding my friend 😄 😄
    Step away from the keyboard ⌨️
    😉😉
  • boston1450
    Sorry. It was a message in the message thing up on the right. Glad I didn't swear :D