1,064-HP Twin-Turbo 2025 Corvette ZR1

Milito
Milito Posts: 1,957
The LT7 screams to 8,000 rpm on its way to making 1,064 hp at 7,000 rpm and 828 lb-ft of torque at 6,000 rpm.
https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/2025-corvette-zr1-1064-hp-twin-turbo-engine-hot-rodding/?eml=organic:eml:brz:20240726:2025-corve:article:print:owcst:mt
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,564
    I would be impressed at 1065
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,374
    edited July 26
    Why is all of that even necessary? You cannot possibly drive a car like that on the streets anywhere near what the car is capable of. Further, operating a vehicle like this on public roads should require a perfect driving record, special training and certification to show that you are responsible and know how to drive such a machine. The first one sold will be on YouTube within a month after some jackwagon does his first burnout and wraps it around a tree.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,564
    What is the point of a high end stereo that can possibly never truly sound like the real thing 100%? 🤪
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,978
    Pretty cool, Mike. I do like that blue convertible version, though would prefer it in black paint, if I were a Corvette person.

Unfortunately, I'm not. I'm also not a $150k-base-price car person, either, so I don't suppose it matters :D
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,672
    edited July 26
    msg wrote: »
    Pretty cool, Mike. I do like that blue convertible version, though would prefer it in black paint, if I were a Corvette person.

Unfortunately, I'm not. I'm also not a $150k-base-price car person, either, so I don't suppose it matters :D
    Yeah, but that black paint is so hard to find...

PS I'd hold out for the eCorvette version anyway -- which will eat its lunch.
    B)
    :#
    ;)

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,967
    How so? By burning rubber or by burning itself?

Oh, wrong thread....my bad.

To.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    Love the blue color.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    Why is all of that even necessary? You cannot possibly drive a car like that on the streets anywhere near what the car is capable of. Further, operating a vehicle like this on public roads should require a perfect driving record, special training and certification to show that you are responsible and know how to drive such a machine. The first one sold will be on YouTube within a month after some jackwagon does his first burnout and wraps it around a tree.

Says the guy that was going to buy a Hellcat.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,865
    The last speeding ticket I got was in a 2-door Jeep Wrangler. Max top end was probably 95mph. Before that a Harley. Maybe good for 120. 💩 happens.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    So you maxed out both vehicles? I mean, a man's gotta know what his machines are capable of.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,337
    Further, operating a vehicle like this on public roads should require a perfect driving record, special training and certification to show that you are responsible and know how to drive such a machine.
    Wow!!
    Suddenly a rabid statement that completely aligns with the California policies, indoctrination complete.
  • msg
    Aren't you from Chicago?
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    edited July 26
    So you maxed out both vehicles? I mean, a man's gotta know what his machines are capable of.

I was close in the Wrangler last summer while goofing around with a friend in a 911 lol. The Harley, on the other hand, saw the limits on a regular basis.

Still, two of the lowest performing vehicles I've ever owned! No citations, ever, in the several other hi-po ones. Be a damn shame if my less than perfect driving record on those jacked up my ability to own the other ones!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    Aren't you from Chicago?
    I keel me
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    edited July 26
    Aren't you from Chicago?

@tonyb, fit this man ^^^with some new shoes....
    If that was aimed at me, no I'm not, I do live in the same state unfortunately
  • bcwsrt
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Aren't you from Chicago?

@tonyb, fit this man ^^^with some new shoes....

I believe you may have said something like that about me once! 😳😂

Brian

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,374
    Further, operating a vehicle like this on public roads should require a perfect driving record, special training and certification to show that you are responsible and know how to drive such a machine.
    Wow!!
    Suddenly a rabid statement that completely aligns with the California policies, indoctrination complete.

No… just seen too many dead and mangled kids within 5 miles from my home. I should clarify that I believe anyone driving these kinds of cars should have specialized training, and also anyone under 21 should not be allowed to drive them.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    edited July 26
    Wow!!

No… just seen too many dead and mangled kids within 5 miles from my home. I should clarify that I believe anyone driving these kinds of cars should have specialized training, and also anyone under 21 should not be allowed to drive them.

You'll never stop stupidity John. I can appreciate your thoughts now that you have two of your own.
    I'm not sure "specialized" training is the answer either. Growing up on the farm and started driving when I was 9 with big tractors, implements and combines, hauling wagons full of grain. I had a healthy respect for a lot of things I drove. Unfortunately today's kids think they get all their driving skills from Grand theft Auto. They Don't understand that you don't just hit reset and start over.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    I don't think anyone under 21 will be able to drive one. At those prices,
    I won't be driving it either! My older son was Vette shopping in 2016 and
    took a year old Vette with a supercharger out for a test drive. The sales
    Lady told him it was OK to open it up. He hit 140. She wasn't expecting that.
    He said she was shaking when he pulled back into the dealership. He didn't
    buy that one, but he did get one. He sold it a couple of years ago. I used to
    love speed. I lived in the boonies and practiced the dual stomp method of
    driving.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,656
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    The last speeding ticket I got was in a 2-door Jeep Wrangler. Max top end was probably 95mph. Before that a Harley. Maybe good for 120. 💩 happens.

kph
  • pitdogg2
    edited July 27
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 5,000
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,957
    edited July 27
    John while I agree in most cases that anyone under 21 shouldn't be behind the wheel of one. You can't say everyone as there are some people who have been racing since they were 7 or 8 years old starting in karts and moving up to faster and faster vehicles. Look at some of the F3, F2 and F1 drivers and other racing drivers. Most of them started very young in karts.
    Even if they stopped racing by their late teens, I'll take one of them driving me around in one compared to some 40 or 50 year old driver who finally made enough money to buy one and has no high performance driving background. That's who I wouldn't ride with.
    BTW nobody should try to top one out on public streets unless they are closed to the public.

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,461
    No way would I spend that much on a car. I like nice cars but I think of them as a means to go from point A to B. That's why I drive a RAV4.

In the San Diego area if one gets a high end car, better have good insurance. People don't care and will smash right into you.

Good luck finding a smooth road around here to open that thing up on.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,145
    I disagree with limitations…..
    Let natural selection of the species takes its course.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,569
    “Cleanse the gene pool; repeal the helmet laws.”
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,672
    maxward wrote: »

No helmet law here in Live Free or Die NH. :#
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 7,010
    I would wreck drive it.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,121
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    maxward wrote: »

No helmet law here in Live Free or Die NH. :#

I believe it was 77 or 78 when the helmet law was repealed as I was ticketed in May of 76 in NH for riding without one. I remember it seeming strange the first few times I rode without one legally fully expecting to get pulled over.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,591
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I would wreck drive it.

Drive it like u Stole it