Santa Clara CA

SCompRacer
SCompRacer Posts: 8,479
Any polk members in the area of Santa Clara? It would involve picking up a turntable and shipping it. I'm sure my guy would pay for professional packing.
Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,703
    edited July 20
    I can't help, but I'd be cautious of "professional packing" of a turntable, unless that means packed by a store or person that knows how to disassemble and wrap each part carefully/separately. Platter, tonearm, counterweights, etc. I wouldn't trust the UPS store for that unless they were specifically guided on each step of packing.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,143
    Santa Clara is basically San Jose, south San Francisco Bay Area. That’s too far for me unless I really had nothing else to do. Five hours each way.
    Alea jacta est!
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 650
    Kex wrote: »
    Santa Clara is basically San Jose, south San Francisco Bay Area. That’s too far for me unless I really had nothing else to do. Five hours each way.

So is that a yes? :D
  • Kex
    edited July 20
    👆 you win the internet for today, @la2vegas! 🤣

You’re obviously offering to drive me there and back in your Tesla, of course. 😜
    Alea jacta est!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,479
    edited July 20
    Appreciate the response. Item sold now. I was just trying to help a friend out. It was a Linn LP12 with Koetsu arm, Koetsu Black cartridge, extra armboard. Started at $1,200, dropped to $1K. It was not for me as I already had a Linn LP12.

Friend offered to pay for packing at a UPS store, but seller refused, local PU only.

I'm well aware of poor packing of turntables. Long time ago I was fixing one for a polkie in Indiana. ND13 IIRC. I purchased a like table for parts. Despite detailed instructions for packing, they stuck it in a box with shredded paper and left the platter on. You can guess the results of that. Fortunately, I only needed the electronics and was refunded for the purchase price.

The link to ebay ad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/176468996017?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=wgxqir-gqam&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=qja3cq81Rg-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

EDIT Found the poor TT pack pic!

5lbc8k02ydg4.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Kex
    edited July 20
    Glad it all worked out! 😮‍💨

There are days that I would commit to that trip — no charge for fuel or time — for ANY of our members on here. I just love the spontaneity of it! 😂

But today is not that day. 😝
    Alea jacta est!