šŸ‘‰ Are These The First Dysons That Donā€™t Suck?! šŸ¤Ŗ

Kex
Kex Posts: 5,143
They donā€™t suck, so maybe they wonā€™t suck?

Iā€™ve only ever owned Dysons that didnā€™t suck, so they did suck, which sucks.

If these donā€™t suck, maybe they wonā€™t suck, or maybe they will suck, which also sucks. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

What do you think? Would you buy Dyson headphones for $500? šŸ¤”

Dyson unmasks its super customizable OnTrac headphones

Alea jacta est!

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,978
    Do they suck or blow air into heads?
    Depending on the listener, either way could be counted a success.

Jfc. I'm officially a dirty old man. I gotta stop hanging around this place. I used to be happy, optimistic, and well-mannered. None of those things are true now. And I don't even have a perfect stereo to show for it.

ufkok9z363y9.png

I disabled signatures.
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 389
    edited July 18
    No, would not buy. Most of the rest of their products that Iā€™ve tried have sucked, and not in a good way. I enjoyed your post though B)
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,145
    Miele fans hereā€¦.
    Oh wait, they donā€™t make headphones.

Thought you were talking about vacuums.
  • msg
    So Dyson really does make headphones now?

Side note, I know people love to beat up on them, but I have two newer models of Bose Quiet Comfort on the way to check out. Out of all my headphones, the Bose are still my favorites, though each of the wired HPs by other brands has its strengths. For BT and add-on mic capability, Bose wins for me. Seems like others prefer Sony or Beats.
    I disabled signatures.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,700
    msg wrote: Ā»
    Do they suck or blow air into heads?
    Depending on the listener, either way could be counted a success.

Jfc. I'm officially a dirty old man. I gotta stop hanging around this place. I used to be happy, optimistic, and well-mannered. None of those things are true now. And I don't even have a perfect stereo to show for it.

I can't figure out if you are just listening to that song and enjoying it, or if you have have some pre-verted reference of sucking on lemons?

For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • msg
    I really don't know what this thread is about, nor do I recall writing any of the posts here. Since 2014.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Kex
    So Dyson really does make headphones now?

Side note, I know people love to beat up on them, but I have two newer models of Bose Quiet Comfort on the way to check out. Out of all my headphones, the Bose are still my favorites...

Bose still score highly on reviews, but... everyone's ears are different. I have the Beats Studio Pro, mostly because they were $250 on sale at Best Buy (online). As of today, they're $170!

That's a lof headphone for $170. I mostly use them on aircraft, to tune out the noise while waiting for everyone else to board. They are definitely better than the aircraft headsets, even the noise canceling versions on transatlantic or transcontinental flights.

AFAIK, they are supposed to be lossless if connected wired. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I did try AirPods Max recently, but I didn't think they added enough compared to Studio Pro other than a beautiful design, so I sent them back. I think reviews still rate them a smidge under Bose.

I'd be more interested in trying out something from Focal for a bit more coin rather than Dyson though, wired or wireless. Who wants to wear a bunch of gaudy plastic candy colors on their head anyway?!
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Headphones are also about longevity and comfort. That singe hinged design from Dyson does not inspire confidence, especially after my questionable experiences with their vacuums.

I bought one full size and one battery operated at almost the same time. The full-sized vacuum felt super sturdy. Almost too heavy for comfort in fact, but it still broke in no time at all.
    Alea jacta est!
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 784

ufkok9z363y9.png

Great song, far out album.
    2ch rig: Speakers: Magnepan LRS w/Magna Riser stands Preamplifier: Parasound P5 Amplifier: Parasound A23 CDP: Pioneer DV-563A Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)

Standby: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress mods
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,115
    Just curious as to why one would want to buy a pair of noise canceling headphones from a company that produces vacuums.

Say what you want about Bose but they do make decent noise cancelling headphones along with Sony.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,560
    My wife has their hair dryer and I must admit it truly does blow.

It also is insanely better then a traditional hair dryer.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Kex
    gudnoyez wrote: Ā»
    Just curious as to why one would want to buy a pair of noise canceling headphones from a company that produces vacuumsā€¦
    There must obviously be money to be made in the $500 headphone marketā€¦ everybody wants in. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Is there a reason everyone on their website wearing the headphones looks so unhappy? šŸ¤”

I also didnā€™t know that they already sell two versions of ā€œDyson Zoneā€ noise cancelling headphones, for $700 and $800, with an ā€œattachable visor, to supply purified air when you need itā€. šŸ˜±

Dyson Headphones

Alea jacta est!
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,145
    Had the Bose noise cancelling phones and thought they were quite good.
    Actually looking for another pair as Iā€™ve the others out.