Nooshinjohn & family can use your prayers

dpowell
dpowell Posts: 3,067
@nooshinjohn let me know that his son is in the emergency room this evening. Possible appendix issue and in a lot of pain. Please keep him and the family in your prayers.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, Carver Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400x5, ADCOM GFA 7807, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,591
    Prayers sent
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    Hoping for the best!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,933
    May his son receive the very best medical care possible.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    Prayers sent
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    Thoughts are with him and the family. Having just gone through this in early spring my now 13yr son had his appendix removed after a year of misdiagnosed appendicitis. Not trying to thread jack just saying typically these have very positive outcomes. May he get well very soon.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,026
    Prayers sent,and will continue to pray.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 5,042
    Prayers and best of luck...
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 3,031
    Get well soon!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,726
    Quick recovery!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,967
    Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. I had mine taken out when I was about 12 years of age. Wasn't really that big of a deal, "routine", if you will and recovery was quick. Just don't expect him to sit up very fast for the next week or two. Kids are resilient (compared to us old folk) and rebound quickly.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    Prayers for a routine procedure and speedy recovery!
    Carl

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    Prayers for a speedy recovery. 🙏

Being a son of a Marine, John, if given a Kbar he probably could have fixed his appendix at home by himself 👨‍⚕️🤔
    I can understand you wanting to pamper him though 👍🙏🇺🇲
    Sal Palooza
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 144
    Good luck with the appendix.
    L600 (front), R200 (rear), R200 (rear surround), L400 (center), Sunfire HRS-10 (2)Marantz AV7706Sunfire Cinema Grand, Marantz M8077, Music Hall Stealth, Ortofon bronze cartridge, Parasound Zphono XRM, Sony UBP-X800
  • smartie_panta
    smartie_panta Posts: 196
    Best wishes to your son. Thinking positive for a quick recovery!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,672
    oh my. Hope everything has turned out/will turn out well!
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,569
    Hoping for a quick recovery.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,479
    Sad to see young ones in the hospital. Hope he gets well soon!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,121
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    Any updates? It's always scary when kids are in the hospital
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,152
    get well soon. prayers for sure
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,139
    I pray everything gets fixed quick.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,508
    Prayer sent!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • treitz3
    John got back to me. His son will be coming home tonight. It ended up being a viral or bacterial infection that basically stopped him up and caused pain because of gas and well, being stopped up. No appendicitis.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    Thanks for the update Tom.

Prayers answered 👍
    Sal Palooza
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,139
    2 great news in one night.

Both men getting to go home. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,045
    Whew! Good to hear.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,192
    Great news! Still a painful and stressful ordeal, but probably best case scenario.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,138
    Glad it was not too serious.

I contracted appendicitis at the age of 44, which is very atypical. Indeed, it initially felt like gas cramps.
    However, once I had a normal (non-gaseous) bowel movement, and the pain persisted, I knew something else was afoot. The localization of the pain, and then a subsequent fever, told me that I needed to go the ER. In the end, I did have appendicitis, and had to have that rascal removed.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • treitz3
    When I had appendicitis (not that y'all care), my Beagle slept on my stomach, which helped me deal with the pain. He knew. What a great dog....

Thing is, the Doc's were perplexed about this at the hospital. They could not for the life of them figure out how that helped.....which led to a misdiagnosis.....until...

Next thing I knew, I was drugged and sent into surgery.

A day later? I was back and aware of my surroundings. Couldn't sit up worth a chit but I was up and eating Vanilla Ice Cream like it was going out of style.

As an adult? I would HATE to know just how much each one of those ice creams actually cost my parents. In today's world? Probably 20 bucks for the equivalent of 3 scoops. Multiply that by a lot!

Tom