Just signed up for the SVS event at World Wide Stereo

DaveHo
DaveHo Posts: 3,493
Anybody else going? @mantis I know you're in the area. Never been to one of these before. What should I expect? Chill casual or high pressure sales event? I'm ridiculously introverted so I'll likely bail if someone says "hi".

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,165
    edited May 27
    Yes, I might be there. I'm signed up to go. It's very chill my friend.
    It's a great event. Lots of demo's , lots of learning, SVS does a great job and we will get to hear their new speaker line which I'm very interested in doing so.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,055
    I went to a SVS event over here in South Jersey years ago, I forget the name of the store but it's been closed for quite a while now. No pressure at all, simple a great get together. I actually won the SVS raffle that was pretty cool.
    World Wide Stereo is a bit of a hike for me. You'll have a blast.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • mantis
    SO I went to the even and the new Ultra Speakers are impressive. beautiful in design, very wide sound stage and super clean smooth from top to bottom.

I'd like to give them a run.
    fjdg2yplv3st.jpeg
    j654yuusizx5.jpeg
    7qzenan2nwue.jpeg
    gb2d0tggva1r.jpeg
    xae0hgwftvam.jpeg
    Dan
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,830
    Did you say "hi" to @DaveHo? 😳😝

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,493
    Actually, I didn't go. Glad you had a good time @mantis .
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,528
    Their new speaker line is very nice looking. I'm sure they sound good too
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,467
    They give me the impression of older JM Lab/Focal speakers with the angled baffles. Black is always a good choice.
  • mantis
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Actually, I didn't go. Glad you had a good time @mantis .

Their where a few dude I thought might be you, glad I didn't bother them so. It was fun you should have came.
    Dan
  • mantis
    VR3 wrote: »
    Their new speaker line is very nice looking. I'm sure they sound good too

I'm gonna say they are damn good. I think they could make any music lover happy. They are full well rounded and very balanced. Nothing sticks out or make them feel un balanced in any way.

Pretty damn good company if you ask me.
    Dan
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    And they're available in white, Dan! You don't own a set yet?!? :DB)
    I disabled signatures.
  • mantis
    msg wrote: »
    And they're available in white, Dan! You don't own a set yet?!? :DB)

They are absolutely on my mine my friend
    Dan
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,388
    When are they coming out with a servo sub? How about putting high level connections on their subs?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk