Has anyone tried two pairs of front speakers? Does it produce a fuller sound stage?

2»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,931
    ....talk about image smearing and drift!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,469
    I heard a pair of stacked Advents at an audiophile's home years ago being run by an SET tube integrated amp. Spectacular for what it was.

There was a rumor Matt Polk stacked SDA-SRS speakers for an outdoor party once, but I'm not sure if that was ever true.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,415
    There was a rumor Matt Polk stacked SDA-SRS speakers for an outdoor party once, but I'm not sure if that was ever true.

It was a Christmas party inside Matt's home, my parents were there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,310
    edited May 17
    F1nut wrote: »

It was a Christmas party inside Matt's home, my parents were there.

Did little Jesse need some chaperones? Too late to ride the bike, street lights were on ?

B)B)
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,415
    Nah, I was a JD by then.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,369
    Nah, I was a JD by then.
    Juvenile Delinquent?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,641
    edited May 17
    Nah, I was a JD by then.
    Juvenile Delinquent?

Dude.
    Juris Doctor.
    C'mon, this is @f1nut we're talkin' about.
    B)
    EDIT: Two out of two of our kids' spouses are JDs. :blush:
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Nah, I was a JD by then.
    Juvenile Delinquent?

Dude.
    Juris Doctor.
    B)
    Exactly. I'm pretty sure we're talking about the first kind of JD. What is not known, however, is whether this was pre or post Vampire Academy.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,641
    msg wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Nah, I was a JD by then.
    Juvenile Delinquent?

Dude.
    Juris Doctor.
    B)
    Exactly. I'm pretty sure we're talking about the first kind of JD. What is not known, however, is whether this was pre or post Vampire Academy.

Yes, quite.
    I joshed previously.
    B)

Now I am thinking about VA student grants, though. :#

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,335
    I've run two pairs of towers up front for years however the second pair are run as "wide" channel. And yes, by running them as large, or full band, you get more sound up front during scores, explosions, a pissed off wolfman growling.......you get the idea
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,335
    hbvzmye4z0qq.jpg
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman