Fortaleza

Options
marvda1
marvda1 Posts: 4,882
edited April 27 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
$800 for the pair >:)B):D:'(
5a7ki45btmn5.jpg

Just kidding o:)
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    Options
    I got words....for you...
    I'd love to sample that Reposado!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,979
    Options
    Me too!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    They stock it locally here. Based on your review. Still prefer Dead Rabbit Irish whiskey....
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • smartie_panta
    smartie_panta Posts: 187
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    They stock it locally here.

Where do you live? I'm in Texas like Marvin, and it's impossible to find here. It's great. I haven't been able to try the Reposado yet.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,629
    Options
    They stock it locally here. Based on your review. Still prefer Dead Rabbit Irish whiskey....

Wait … we’re comparing Irish whiskey to tequila, here?

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,633
    Options
    Keep in mind he was drunk posting.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,546
    Options
    Fireball FTW!!!!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »

Wait … we’re comparing Irish whiskey to tequila, here?

Shut up Brian 😬
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Fireball FTW!!!!

🤮🤮🤮🤢🤢
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    They stock it locally here.

Where do you live? I'm in Texas like Marvin, and it's impossible to find here. It's great. I haven't been able to try the Reposado yet.

Pacific Northwest.

I do not feel so bad now that a Texan hasn't been able to try it. I say we all show up at Marvin's rake his booze cabinet!!
  • marvda1
    Options
    $100 a shot :)
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,629
    Options
    First round is on me!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • audioluvr
    Options

Wow. I do NOT remember posting that...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Stopped by the store. On order. :( Did find this though.

xlnpm4hybb2q.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• marvda1
    edited May 2
    Options
    $51.99 here for both Blanco and reposado.
    How does it taste and what does it compare to?
    Puritan PSM156
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Tastes like tequila. Good tequila. I don't know.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• pitdogg2
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    $51.99 here for both Blanco and reposado.
    How does it taste and what does it compare to?

It's a very smooth easy drinking tequila. That price is $10 higher than my area.
    On order ? My understanding is Fortaleza is an allocation liquor.
    I've talked to our different liquor distribution companies and every one has said they cannot order it, a certain amount is "allocated" to a few stores in an area. They do not even know when it will show up...
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,014
    Options
    Marv, as I'm sure you know, that Siete Leguas (7L) is their 'regular' product, and the Decadas we've discussed is a special edition item from them. I find 7L to have a little more grassy/earthy taste, but it still has the cooked agave sweetness behind it. They do a blend of tahona crushed and roller mill crushed agaves. The tahona is powered by two mules.

Patron was originally made at the 7L distillery as a contract brand, but when 7L couldn't/wouldn't meet Patron's production volume needs, Patron built their own distillery just down the road - both are in Atotonilco. And in the process, they also recruited 7L's master distiller at the time, Francisco Alcaraz. He is, of course, best known for his tenure at Patron, but he started at 7L. He passed away a few years ago.

7L also has an extra anejo called D'Antano, which is very good.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon