Channel Islands PEQ-1 MKII phono pre

I bought this from Drew almost exactly two years ago. Just an outstanding piece of equipment for the price in my opinion. Without a doubt the best improvement I ever made in my vinyl rig and one of the better improvements in general. Here's the link where I bought it: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/196215/ciaudio-phono-pre-psu/p1

It's in the same excellent condition in which I received it. Once it was put in my rack, it never moved. That being said, I'll try to get some pictures posted.

Not much to say that you can't read about in the provided link or if you do a search. A highly rated phono pre- that is generally regarded as punching above its price range...at retail, much less at my asking price.

I'm selling off my entire vinyl rig as I haven't turned it on in at least 6 months. I've held off on selling it because I like the idea of having/playing vinyl, but in reality, I just don't do it. It's too easy to turn on the iPad, pull up a playlist, and start listening. Lazy right?
I'll make another thread of everything else: brush, weight, stylus cleaner, albums, and of course, the turntable itself (which I will probably try to keep as a local sale).

Back to the PEQ-1, I'd like to get what I paid which I think was a great deal: $600 to your door CONUS.* This includes the upgraded power supply.

*only for established members

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,896
    Paul, what turntable/cartridge do you have hooked up to it?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Digital cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2 bnc, Tellurium Q aes, Silnote Audio Poseidon Signature 2 bnc
    Puritan PSM156
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,184
    Pro-ject Debut III with a Shure m97xe. Also have the Acryl-it platter.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • PSOVLSK
    Bump

Great phono pre at a great price.
  • PSOVLSK
    ars8j70zxfqb.gif
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,926
    This is an excellent phono pre! The main unit's enclosure is basically a Faraday cage. Very low noise phono pre with an overbuilt external PSU. High quality stuff, and great price to performance ratio.
  • PSOVLSK
    voa5k1lhf244.jpeg
    1977b0c0wqed.jpeg
    hw192vamgj9b.jpeg
    q0b0dvil9rqk.jpeg
    gd9czc43y8bv.jpeg
    dyhximr9qj0e.jpeg
  • Clipdat
    Damn looks so good I'm tempted to buy it back haha.
  • PSOVLSK
    Plan to list this elsewhere at a higher price this weekend, but had rather sell it here.
  • Clipdat
    edited April 4
    https://www.analogplanet.com/content/ciaudios-punchy-pleasing-peq-mkii-dual-mono-mmmc-phono-preamplifier

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/channel-islands-audio-peq-1-mkii-phono-preamplifier/

Input signals are connected via highest quality Cardas panel-mounted RCA jacks. The input jacks are
    routed to two independent mono circuits of identical layout. This assures exact performance from both
    channels and reduces crosstalk.

Circuit topology consists of an input gain stage with selectable resistive load, capacitance, gain, and
    subsonic filter. This gain stage is followed by a passive high frequency cut, then an active bass boost to
    create the RIAA equalization curve, then to the output jacks.

Careful layout yields a very short signal path from input to output, and a combination of star grounding
    power supply components/ground plane for the audio circuits, result in a silent background and
    immunity to EMI/RFI pickup. The entire circuit board is then housed in a heavy steel faraday cage to
    further reject outside interference, then inside the attractive aluminum outer chassis.

Highest quality components are used throughout:

Cardas jacks, Nichicon Muse NP power supply capacitors, Vishay 2% Polypropylene signal and
    bypass capacitors, Takman metal film & carbon films resistors, and Grayhill switches.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Wow, that's a beauty. Looks very well designed.
    I disabled signatures.