Brand alternatives

Options
KrazyMofo24
KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,195
I like the way my Vienna Acoustics speakers sound but wanted to know similar alternatives. I currently own the Mozart grand and if I ever have the budget to switch it would it would be for the beethoven grand or another brand
Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
  • KrazyMofo24
    Options
    Which line? I had the Lsis haven’t been able to listen to the lsims yet.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Legend series.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Agree on Legend series. The build quality and finish on Vienna Acoustics speakers is equal or above Legend standards and way above Reserve standards.

I'd recommend giving the L600s a run if they can be found.
  • KrazyMofo24
    Options
    Man I been out of it. I didn’t know these existed now I have something new to obsess over.
    Setup:

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,875
    Options
    Rosso Fiorentino B)
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    I like the way my Vienna Acoustics speakers sound but wanted to know similar alternatives. I currently own the Mozart grand and if I ever have the budget to switch it would it would be for the beethoven grand or another brand

Of the Vienna Acoustics models I've heard I find them to sound some what like Sonus Faber models of similar size/configurations.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• KrazyMofo24
    Options
    Thanks that's good hearing about the Sonus Faber. They are one I have been curious about over the years. I got a good deal on a Definitive Technology 5.1 the towers they were using are the BP-10s.

I just swapped the Mozart and the BP-10 and they are sounding pretty good. There's a huge improvement in movies but actually surprised on how well they sound with music as well.
    Setup: