WTB Speaker Cables

Options
Looking for an 8 FT pair of quality speaker wires. Would like to stay in $100 range. Thanks!!!

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,875
    edited February 17
    Options
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    Never heard of that brand.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    edited February 17
    Options
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/326011883410
    This is the price point where the magic really starts. Otherwise you might as well just be using lamp cord.
    :p
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    edited February 17
    Options
    There was a thread while back where @Clipdat recommended these or same brand different line:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382747321152?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,065
    Options
    Never heard of that brand.

I’m not saying you should buy what was in the link, but I’d at least consider them if Marvin recommends them.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    16 ft of supra rondo is like 90 shipped

Don't need terminations for tin plated copper

Tough wire to beat dollar for dollar
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • marvda1
    Options
    I havn't heard the Worlds Best cables, just going by some youtube reviews I have listened to.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Well … and here I was just about to snag some.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    I have the ICs in Desktop Rig#1.
    Nothing fancy, and no complaints.

Dollar for dollar value increases with longer lengths.

I've got some higher end stuff in some systems, but have also enjoyed the BJC 10-gray or 10-white in those systems.

The only cable I've found that I don't like so far is Canare Star-Quad, but others like it fine.

Curious to try that Supra Rondo.

I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    longer lengths.

I . . . . have also enjoyed the BJC

others like it fine.

Utter filth.
  • marvda1
    Options
    @bcwsrt Amazon, you can always return.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Conradicles
    Options
    Supra Rondo is interesting.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    edited February 20
    Options
    Here is what I'm running in my 2 channel:

https://silversonic.com/products/bulk-cable/bulk-speaker-cable/odyssey-speaker-cable/

With the 10 percent you will come in under $100 shipped. I like transparency, and I have have a warmish amp, so these work great for me.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    The Supra Quadrax costs a bit more than the Rondo, but it's still very much in reach. Four conductors per cable to deal with (instead of just two), so have to plan accordingly with termination. Obviously, a great choice for bi-wiring.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    Options
    The rondo price I mentioned was for the quad conductor
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    edited February 20
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »

Who do you order from ?
    Bulk is preferred for myself.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    edited February 20
    Options
    Are you not a fan of the 'inner dielectric' in the Quadrax version?
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Who do you order from ?
    Bulk is preferred for myself.
    I know you didn't ask me, Ivan, but I've been very pleased ordering from eBay seller 'Sjofn HiFi' for Supra products. Madisound also sells Supra, but their selection is not as big.

Full disclosure: Trey first introduced me to Supra cables. I started with the Quadrax speaker cables, then added RCA I/Cs, USB, Ethernet, and a power cable. I still need to get some XLRs. I guess you could say I'm a fan B)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    @bcwsrt Amazon, you can always return.

PITA.

Think I’ll go the DH Labs route.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    You wear velcro shoes, don't you.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Said I’m 57, not 77.

Brian

• VR3
    Options
    I am. A big fan of the quadrax but it's more then 100 lol

The quadrax is a pita to work with
    Mi order thru madisound
  • Conradicles
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!

Splurged yesterday and bought some Kimber Kable direct from Kimber for my office rig. Supra and DH Labs probably for a couple other systems soon.

• pitdogg2
    Options
    Nice Eric! Kimber is nice stuff.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,535
    Options
    Big fan of Kimber!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,058
    Options
    Good deal, Kimber makes solid cables.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Conradicles
    Options
    Hope they sound as good as they look!
  • VR3
    Options
    Beautiful!