Home theater can be very fun!

Options
Joey_V
Joey_V Posts: 8,521
I’m definitely jealous of these mega HT set ups. Good for them to have such a passion to take it from slab to fab.

My only solace is maybe someday I’ll be able to get my lounge room fully outfitted with surround sound.

Here is a very fun video with Youthman.

Youthman HT Tour
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    edited February 8
    Options
    And in three months you will start a thread about your all Trinnov/Focal 16.8.6 surround system being installed and tuned by God himself…🤣🤣🤣
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    I say give it a whirl, Joey. Even the modest setups can be fun. No need to wait until you're ready to go uber.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    My starter true HT setup after ditching the God awful Pioneer HTIB setup was RT600i for my L&R, and a CSi3 at my center channel. Added a PSW10 but returned it because it sucked.

Then it slowly evolved into my RT3000p, CS1000p setup and I'm yet to mount my RT35s for the surround channels to make it 7.2 (had 5.2 but the drywall anchors ripped out). Even just 3.2 is awesome and kicks some serious butt!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    This forum would benefit from having a separate "Home Theater" category. The focus is quite different from two channel stereo in terms of speaker requirements and electronics.
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    This forum would benefit from having a separate "Home Theater" category. The focus is quite different from two channel stereo in terms of speaker requirements and electronics.

I support this motion! Would be really cool to have.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    I have always perceived the entire forum is for home theater, but separated into subcategories... That is why we have a dedicated 2 channel section

Speakers, electronics, hook up and wiring, etc

Otherwise you could effectively condense those subs into just multi channel
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    I have always perceived the entire forum is for home theater, but separated into subcategories... That is why we have a dedicated 2 channel section

Speakers, electronics, hook up and wiring, etc

Otherwise you could effectively condense those subs into just multi channel
    That’s what I thought too
    I thought the whole place was essentially HT except the 2 channel subsection
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »

For sure!

Here us another Youthman video

Ridiculousness but awesome! What a lucky guy this owner must be

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9OmW2oVbkY
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited February 9
    Options
    #humblebrag

This was an early iteration. Projector is better now, bigger/better LCR and wides, Surrounds have been replaced with surrounds that match the front stage, and the old surrounds are now doing the Atmos duty.

https://youtu.be/X8kLSN4p-rE?si=VVIi4XEZzzcZwSBT
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    That post 👆 aptly illustrates why #humblebragging is a very good thing for the forum. 🤷‍♂️
    Alea jacta est!
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,065
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    That post 👆 aptly illustrates why #humblebragging is a very good thing for the forum. 🤷‍♂️

Do you honestly not see the difference in this and what was previously discussed?
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    edited February 9
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Kex wrote: »

Do you honestly not see the difference in this and what was previously discussed?

He can't see the forest for the trees...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson