Doug(dpowell) can use some prayers…

Options
nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,110
edited January 28 in The Clubhouse
I am posting this to ask for prayers for Doug and his family. His wife, Lisa was admitted to the hospital a few days ago with condition that I’m not fully aware of to describe accurately. He’s been visiting her in the hospital now since then, and I would just ask that we keep him and his family in our prayers at this time. Hopefully soon Doug will be able to check in with us and let us know everything is OK but until then let’s send some love their way.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,368
    Options
    Absolutely. Prayers sent. Best wishes for a good outcome!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,528
    Options
    Prayer sent his way
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,611
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know. May God watch over them all. Prayers of peace for the family and wisdom for the doctors and the rest of the team caring for Lisa.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,936
    Options
    Prayers sent to his family, especially his wife..
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    Prayers sent
    Randy/Maine
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,455
    Options
    Absolutely! Prayers sent.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,823
    Options
    Doug, wishing all the best for your wife.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Psalm 46 to Doug and Lisa.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Prayers
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,165
    Options
    Prayers sent🙏
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    Prayers
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    Thoughts are with Doug and his family.
    Doug, I hope your wife gets well and very soon. Take care buddy and you know how to reach me if you care to chat.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,053
    Options
    Prayers sent your way.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,004
    Options
    Prayers sent 🙏
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,006
    Options
    May the Lord give strength and comfort.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,604
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers for the family Doug.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,101
    edited January 29
    Options
    Prayers for you, your wife and baby. You can tell your wife, you both should be very comfortable and hopeful, now days they can do great things with "preemies".

I was born at 26-27 weeks, (6 months) in 1955. I weighed 2-8 with a low of 1 lb. 15 oz. 13" long.
    I'm 68 years old now, with no medical conditions related to my early arrival. I was told I had a really good caring nurse and doctors. I was in the hospital two months, first in an Isolette, then an Incubator.

I have a photo of a nurse holding me in the hospital nursery with a window to the outside half open!
    Maybe that fresh air helped?

I still have the itemized hospital bill, ~$1,500.00. Doctor delivery fee $85.00. Not today's pricing!

Take care of them.

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,936
    Options
    Freaking Awesome News!!!! CONGRATS!!!
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    Congrats God bless you all.
    Randy/Maine
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,528
    edited January 29
    Options
    This is great news!

Reminds me of a Groucho joke.
    I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth every once in a while. (urban legend?)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    Options
    Awesome news! Congrats Doug!

I’m gonna throw one back in your families honor!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,823
    Options
    Great news and congrats on the new rug rat. B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,192
    Options
    Great news! Congrats on the brand new child!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,055
    Options
    Thanks everyone! He nicely bookends the crew. boy girl girl boy.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    Congrats great to hear

• Willow
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Prayers for you, your wife and baby. You can tell your wife, you both should be very comfortable and hopeful, now days they can do great things with "preemies".

I was born at 26-27 weeks, (6 months) in 1955. I weighed 2-8 with a low of 1 lb. 15 oz. 13" long.
    I'm 68 years old now, with no medical conditions related to my early arrival. I was told I had a really good caring nurse and doctors. I was in the hospital two months, first in an Isolette, then an Incubator.

I have a photo of a nurse holding me in the hospital nursery with a window to the outside half open!
    Maybe that fresh air helped?

I still have the itemized hospital bill, ~$1,500.00. Doctor delivery fee $85.00. Not today's pricing!

Take care of them.

in today's world, $85 is just for the Dr's daily parking rate
  • Willow
    Options
    Congrats Doug to you and the family on the new addition. Glad to hear everyone is doing fine. You have been blessed once again.
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    Very glad to read how this thread developed. Great news, @dpowell !!! Congratulations!!!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,368
    edited January 30
    Options
    Awesome my man! Congrat's on the addition to your family. Here's to a healthy and safe recovery for both the wife and child.

This reminded me of the song....

https://youtu.be/-vn6QdqxK3g?si=OVeCTUp_Y5UmUJyl

Thankfully, no one was taken and all is well. Rock on brother!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~