Hdmi connections

Options
since I only have 3 hdmi connections on my Samsung 65" tv, would adding a hdmi hub work?

Answers

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,345
    Options
    Years ago, we used to use a switch. Here is a fancy one that won't break the bank. They are all pretty cheap, actually. Some come with a remote and others, it's just a manual switch. Not sure a hub would work in this application.

https://www.amazon.com/Koopman-Switcher-Selector-Supports-18-5Gbps/dp/B0837K31GX/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=Powered+HDMI+switch&qid=1705961750&sr=8-10

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    Don’t see why a HDMI “hub” wouldn’t work, but perhaps you should post a link to what you had in mind. 🤔

However, any AVR will have an integrated hub that means that you only need one HDMI cable going to your TV. The receiver manages the rest.

One issue to consider is remote compatibility. HDMI-CEC means that most newish TV’s and receivers will automatically switch inputs using an input device like an Apple TV or X-box. You won’t ever need to use the TV remote or the receiver’s remote. If the TV is too old for that feature, you might want to consider compatibility with Harmony remotes, if you already have one (they have been discontinued).
    Alea jacta est!