Thoughts on PS Audio Jewel powercable?

Options
Looking to see if anyone has thoughts on this?

Found one for a good deal and it’s the only PS Audio cable I’m aware of with a C7 connector.

Thoughts appreciated
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    Beats a stock power cord. I had and may still have one on some piece of kit.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,535
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Beats a stock power cord. I had and may still have one on some piece of kit.

Good to know. Its overkill for an Xbox Series X I’m sure but my old Xbox One had a AC-3 so I’m familiar with overkill (and the Series X uses an internal PSU with a C7 so I can’t reuse the AC-3)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    PS Audio also made the Punch cord with a C7 connector. I still have one of those in my bag of tricks but nothing to use it with anymore. It was well constructed and relatively inexpensive. 12 AWG and double shielded. I got one for use with a DVD player probably 20 years ago.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/37703/ps-audio-xstream-power-punch-the-silk-panties-of-power-cords
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    Sorry Dan, mine is/was the Power Punch.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,535
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    PS Audio also made the Punch cord with a C7 connector. I still have one of those in my bag of tricks but nothing to use it with anymore. It was well constructed and relatively inexpensive. 12 AWG and double shielded. I got one for use with a DVD player probably 20 years ago.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/37703/ps-audio-xstream-power-punch-the-silk-panties-of-power-cords
    F1nut wrote: »
    Sorry Dan, mine is/was the Power Punch.

No prob. Looks like both the Power Punch and Jewel were both their entry level cords but the Power Punch may be the precursor of the Jewel.

I think for the price I can’t go wrong on it so I’m gonna snatch it up.

I had a prelude which seems to be in the same age as the Power Punch and it was a bit too stiff (prob a thicker gauge but I forget) whereas the AC are more flexible (and the jewel shares the same connectors and seems flexibility).