Fuzzy Raptors

Options
Say whatever you want about Pomeranians, but let me tell you the truth since we've had several over the past 30+ years. Poms think they're big dogs. They won't back down and have huge hearts. They tend to bond to one family member and allow their human to become part of the pack. Their social structure is that interesting when you come to understand it.

As many of you old timers know, they're also little heartbreakers waiting to happen. Some of you might recall how wrecked Janey and I were when our daughter Keiko had passed. She was our first and that's how we introduced that little girl. She was our daughter as far as I'm concerned and it broke our hearts when the day came for us to say goodbye.

I didn't say anything about this, except to a couple of good friends, but back in May, we had to put Koa down (some of y'all might remember Koa) and we lost two more all within 3 weeks from Ms. Mele Aloha's first litter. Speaking of which, all four of those puppies have passed. Our Mochi Bear passed because of a tracheal collapse. (Common w/Poms and nothing we could do to prevent it.) A week later, Gizmo, aka Gizzy Bear passed because of what I think was a broken heart. These two were litter mate brothers and tho they quarreled among themselves sometimes, they were tight. Koa was the sire of these 2 boys, plus 2 others. Kimi a female and Kimo that passed away several years ago. May was a tough month for us which really goes without saying.

I'm sorry! Didn't mean to go on a ramble here, just wanted to advise really. Don't let these cute things fool ya. They're as mean fuzzy Velociraptors. >:)

Comments

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    that's a lot of heartbreak in a short time span . . . Sending prayers your way, brother
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    We lost our Silas 3 weeks ago. It’s heartbreaking . Prayers for comfort coming your way.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    Condolences. It's always hard to loose pets. They become part of the family
    Randy/Maine
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    With the exception of the little ham on the right, far back, the rest have all passed away. These were all from Ms. Mele's first litter. Sadly, our Koa, their dad has passed on along with this litter.

My Ms. Mele Aloha is still alive and well, but she's up in her years now too and I know that dreadful day is going to come. Janey and I have made up our minds already that once these pass, we're out. It's just way too hard for us to let go and say goodbye. Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

aykvp4wobslo.jpg

Koa at 4 weeks. He passed after a good, long life of 14+ years. I recall posting this image on the old board when we first brought him home all those years ago. He's in the first image also. Far back on the left. Kimi & Kimo up front with Mochi and Gizzy in the middle.

932jthc6k942.jpg