Kiss using AI for live concerts???

Options
Keiko
Keiko Posts: 764
Kiss really isn't my cup of tea, but I admit that they've stood the test of time and have their following. If this is true, I think it's kinda sad for them to go out this way. Perhaps they shoulda called it quits like, I dunno, 20yrs ago???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52jct_36n-I&t=585s

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,927
    Options
    Here is my take, considering I have been a KISS fan since 76-77 I was like 10 years old, they were the door that opened my love of Rock n Roll. They had a couple albums that drove me away for a minute, that being Unmasked (loved the art work and poster) and The Elder.

In the 80's when they took off their makeup I felt they were headed in the right direction, and IMO the late 80's early 90's up to the Revenge album, I feel they were at the top of their game. That was probably the best line up they ever had, and probably the best they ever looked, and this is coming from a hard core fan of the original line up in the 70's.

Now in the 90's with MTV Unplugged bringing out Peter and Ace, you knew the magic was there, and something big was going to take place. it was a big move for them to bring back the 70's KISS and it worked, and they were great, I loved it.

But when that ended, IMO they should have put the costumes back in the closet and reformed as KISS was without the make up, Eric Singer would still be in the band, and Bruce Kulick on Guitar.

KISS failed when they decided to dress Eric, and Tommy in Peter's and Ace's underwear. Maybe not from a business money grab stand point, but any credibility as an artist/musician stand point.

Maybe just maybe, had they just reformed back the way they were without the makeup, this Final Tour could have been a blend of both eras of KISS with and without makeup, and probably how it should have been from a KISS fan stand point..

With all of this said, I feel KISS should have been hanging it up at least 10 years ago with Paul's voice going away, which I sometimes find odd as I don't feel he has ever sang anything that strains his vocal ability, it just has to be age unfortunately.

I did go see this tour when it came to town, more for the nostalgia, and knowing it will be the end. I feel grateful that I can say I have seen them every decade, and every era of their journey, and I will be forever grateful for the joy of how I feel when I listen to their music, and the door they opened for me as a young boy for my love of music.

Love them or hate them, trust me I get it, but for me they will always be in my playlist..

KISS FAN FOR LIFE!!!!!
  • Toolfan66
    edited July 2023
    Options
    1pkvfn1nll4m.png

voou8rem0zva.png

The Revenge era..
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 756
    Options
    I seen them 12 years ago in Springfield IL. First row balcony and it was awesome. Ever time the fire explosions went off I could feel the heat from them. End of the show confetti rained down and it was up to are knees .it was crazy
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    I was in a group of 20 when I saw them in a small in the round 3000 seat venue before they became known. They were the opening act for Aerosmith. Kiss played 3 songs in a row before they paused. All 20 of us stood up and yelled, YOU SUCK!

At that point about 75% of the audience stood up and walked outside until they were done playing.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I was in a group of 20 when I saw them in a small in the round 3000 seat venue before they became known. They were the opening act for Aerosmith. Kiss played 3 songs in a row before they paused. All 20 of us stood up and yelled, YOU SUCK!

At that point about 75% of the audience stood up and walked outside until they were done playing.

So I'm not the only one. :D

I like Rock n Roll, but Kiss just isn't my cup of tea. Not saying they suck because it's all subjective. For those that like Kiss, party on!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    When Paul Stanley gives you front row tickets and backstage access, you go.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    For me, once Peter left, so did I. I was happy to see the original line up for their “farewell” tour. Now,not so much. Just my personal opinion. I do,in the back of my mind,think that all the verbal jousting going on between Gene and Paul against Ace and Peter,is possibly paving the way for the original four to make MORE money by creating a storyline. Again,just my opinion.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    You could be right, Gene is ALL about the MONEY!!
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    ^^^^^ Shannon likes nice things!
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Peter Criss and Ace Frehley decline offer to return for last ever Kiss shows.

Gene Simmons says he's asked former Kiss members Ace Frehley and Peter Criss to perform at the band's last ever shows this year – but both have refused the offer.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/peter-criss-and-ace-frehley-decline-offer-to-return-for-last-ever-kiss-shows