Cable Risers

Options
2»

Comments

• invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,280
    Options
    According to the measurements on this site there is a measurable difference in capacitance.

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/bunking-cable-lifters/
  • IteachSTEM
    IteachSTEM Posts: 50
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

I can say with full confidence that some of the cleanest sounding systems I have heard in my travels all had risers and excellent cable management.

Tom

My guess is that the reason it sounds great is they have a ton of money if they are buying cables risers. Therefore, they usually spend a decent amount of money to buy better equipment, and the end result is great sound.

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Hello, @IteachSTEM and welcome to the forum if I haven't already spoken to you before.

Not necessarily. There was this one system that had a very modest system in an apartment I used to live in decades ago. He concentrated heavily on vibration isolation on his gear and speakers nut only had mid-fi (if you will) gear. I was always impressed at the cleanliness of how his system sounded, and he also used risers.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    fgqo4lijdxe2.jpg
    Mind you, that cardboard tube is thicker than your standard toilet paper or paper towel roll.

Or, if you want to get fancy:
    eb21sxsdkwxy.jpg
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    Best use of Tinker Toys EVER!
  • jdjohn
    Options
    I hope this doesn't ruin for ya, but that pic is from Danny Richie's system.
    https://youtu.be/mh1EWGu7Te8
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    I guess Dannie was ready
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • IteachSTEM
    Options
    Anyone want to do a double bling test and see if you can actually hear a difference between risers or just speaker cable laying on the floor?
  • IteachSTEM
    Options
    There was this one system

Too funny. I love how there's always one system that somebody heard back in the day that's the exception to the rule.

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    IteachSTEM wrote: »
    Anyone want to do a double bling test?

wo8fudyk5bw3.png

b8hfg7fwgpaa.png
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    Anyone want to do a double bling test and see if you can actually hear a difference between risers or just speaker cable laying on the floor?

When I was a teen, there was a guy at the end of my street named Ray. Ray was a quiet but extremely knowledgeable mechanic that was always working on his beloved ‘67 GTO. Ray was always willing to help me keep my crappy Audi running - from changing the carb to the clutch - you name it. Often I would just hang out and talk to him while he worked on his own car.

Anyway, one day I stopped by and he was sitting on a cooler (full of beer) with an overflowing ashtray next to him as he labored over what I soon learned was a “port and polish” job on the heads of his GTO. For three strait days, he sanded and polished those ports. I asked him if would really make that much of a difference, and I will never forget what he told me.

He said “By itself, no - it’s a small thing. BUT, if I do enough “small things”, eventually they will add up to a noticeable performance difference”.

Take it for what you will….
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options

That said, grow up.

(I'm 47!)

😂😂

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • jdjohn
    Options
    In the video I shared, even Danny R. said risers will only make a difference in 20% of systems. His setup has carpet flooring, which will react differently than hardwood.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    edited July 2023
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    In the video I shared, even Danny R. said risers will only make a difference in 20% of systems. His setup has carpet flooring, which will react differently than hardwood.

serious Q; with hardwood flooring, I thought the inherent nonconductive features of HWF would not allow risers to be beneficial
    Just looking for clarification . . . TIA

Edit . . . didn't want to watch the vid, but I did . . . . just TRY it! someday ...soon
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12