Polk SDA 1.2TL upgraded

Options
chandler9a
chandler9a Posts: 877
edited June 2023 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have thought long and hard about this and its not easy to do but the decision is made.

I have two big pairs of SDA's but my 2.3's have much more sentimental value so I'd like to sell the 1.2TL's to a good home. Honestly, they are fantastic and almost fully modded but the are BIG and we will be moving soon, I don't need them taking up space. My goal is to find a more size appropriate pair of speakers like maybe the RTA 15TL or similar, but I'll start a post on that issue in another thread somewhere else on the forum.

We are the second owners, I bought them off a guy who had a professional studio in CT.
They are in great shape with some minor marks on the cloth covers. I have done the following upgrades over the years. Some of the basket screws have rust since installing the rings.

-All tweeters replaced with RDO 198

-Crossovers have been done using Gimpods boards and Jantzen Cross Caps

-Larry's rings installed

-baskets all have dynamat properly attached

-the gaskets have all been replaced with the ones that someone was selling here
(not loctite)

-Mysound spikes and pads included, they are not shiny like they used to be.

-VR3 upgraded binding posts and plates with the proper interconnect

-The cabinet braces have all been glued to stay put, end caps have been tightened.

The wood tops look great and the overall condition is very good for their age, no smoke or pet damage.

Price is $2,000 for Polk members, I'm not sure if that is an acceptable price these days but I definitely have much more than that in them. Location is East Tennessee 37664.

No shipping for obvious reasons. This is for forum members only with 100 posts or more, cash or venmo is fine.

I’d be happy to answers any question, thanks for looking!

sndbntrjnk5f.jpeg
pai7nu5nnxbv.jpeg
719wbued6lq2.jpeg
4u2jtyaff064.jpeg
4hmpla57lk7a.jpeg
hdlg8ftsfy36.jpeg
hh7hj1yvcmmw.jpeg

Comments

• chandler9a
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have a feeling the price on these may be a little high and I really only want to sell them here, so I’m reducing it to $1,700 to hopefully get them to a good place where someone can enjoy them.

Have a great Sunday.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,053
    Options
    I have sold many sets of the 1.2tl bone stock for over 3k.

The market is terrible and it may take a long time to sell them regardless of the price
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • chandler9a
    Options
    Thanks for the info. It certainly is a hard market right now, everyone has other, more important things money needs to go to. Hopefully someone can take advantage of these.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    I'd love to give them a new home, it's an 18 hr drive for me ☹️ 9hr each way.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Got a buddy you can split the seat time with? I agree that is long as a solo drive. Need a co-pilot.
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,174
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Great speakers at a great price...only problem with selling big speakers such as these is that the lack of a shipping option (due to size and weight of speakers) greatly limits the pool of potential Buyers. I know...I have patiently been waiting to find a nice pair of SDA 2.3 TLs near me (upstate NY) for years...and I am still waiting. Good luck with the sale...someone will get a great pair of 1.2 TLs.
  • chandler9a
    Options
    Well, we moved to Tennessee from Ithaca, NY, I wish I could have sold them to you before we left!
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,174
    Options
    chandler9a wrote: »
    Well, we moved to Tennessee from Ithaca, NY, I wish I could have sold them to you before we left!

Wow...me too.

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options

What part of Tennessee?
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • chandler9a
    Options
    We currently live in Kingsport.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options

Beautiful area. I’m from Morristown, but have been in Paris TN since 1990
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

Got a buddy you can split the seat time with? I agree that is long as a solo drive. Need a co-pilot.

You must have no idea how bad he smells.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • chandler9a
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »

Beautiful area. I’m from Morristown, but have been in Paris TN since 1990

Yes, it’s beautiful here. We are planning on flipping the house we renovated here and getting closer to the mountains.
  • stubby2
    stubby2 Posts: 40
    Options

Walk in the park.
    Polk SDA SRS 2A
    Aragon 8008X3
    Aragon Soundstage
    Multiple Digital Sources
  • chandler9a
    Options
    I would consider driving some distance to do a drop off, if that puts a spark in anyone’s fire…
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmm
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TroyD
    Options
    Obviously don’t hold them but I might be in on this....
  • chandler9a
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    Obviously don’t hold them but I might be in on this....

Sounds good. I know they aren't the most amazingly modified versions but they have been babied pretty well I can tell you that.
  • TroyD
    Options
    I hear you! i just have to see if I can work out the logistics and TLW approval.....my real issue is I have the L800's and my Carver Amazings. I'd love to rotate the 1.2tl's in but storage of the unused speakers is the issue LOL.

I'm going to beg this evening....so we'll see...
  • chandler9a
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    I hear you! i just have to see if I can work out the logistics and TLW approval.....my real issue is I have the L800's and my Carver Amazings. I'd love to rotate the 1.2tl's in but storage of the unused speakers is the issue LOL.

I'm going to beg this evening....so we'll see...

Yeah that’s a lot of big speakers to get clearance for, good luck!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    They appear to be late 1.2's
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @polkguy1994 what poor form to not ONCE but TWICE post another FS post in another members FOR SALE THREAD!
    This should have been posted in the vintage monitor and SDA deals thread,
    in which you had ALREADY posted them in that thread.

If I was the OP I'd report you and have these post removed from his FS thread!
  • chandler9a
    Options
    @polkguy1994 what poor form to not ONCE but TWICE post another FS post in another members FOR SALE THREAD!

It did strike me as odd, he’s probably trying to get his post count up.
  • pitdogg2
    Options

It did strike me as odd, he’s probably trying to get his post count up.

Not the wat to do it!
  • chandler9a
    Options
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options
    I am going to bet they're his, and he is lying..
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Those sl2000's may look clear, but don't sound so clear.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I am going to bet they're his, and he is lying..

Trust me that was my thought as well.
  • polkguy1994
    Options
    Ok, amazing how we come here to talk Polk, then when someone shares, (what i see as a unicorn deal) You fellow Polkie's come up with shade as to why i posted? I live in Detroit Michigan and those 1.2 TL are in California, I tried to buy them and get the husband and wife duo to agree to pack them up and i would arrange shipping to be picked up and delievered to me. They said thanks, but NO! Local pick up only!
    It is pure coinsidental that these are the very speakers being discussed on this thread because at the time I was researching information on the 1.2TL beauties. One would have thought an interest in sharing what seems to be a great buy would stand out as I was notifying all of you on this post, these being available at a killer price, as I can not go get them because i am not driving to California, but I guess sharing is a conspiracy crime? I love Polk speakers, i own a couple of them to say the least, Listen guys I do not currently own a pair of 1.2 TL, wish I did and I think one day into next year or two I may be in the market to buy some. I have low posting numbers on here today because I took a few years off from home stereo activities, moved from Grand Rapids Michigan to Dearborn MI and forgot my original log in information so I started this one. I have owned a few sets of polks in my day, beginning with DB6900 car speakers in a two way system. I now have a couple of home speakers that i am reintrocing into my life as I am working on setting up my dream sound system. So I hope this clears up my reasoning as to why i posted here and I want you all to know I am one of Mathew Polks biggest fans! The double posting was a glitch from my iPhone and I was not able to errase it, my apologies.

I am looking for SRT Rears, seeking any information on the SRT history details to learn about this product!jjdas75rryoz.jpegw0n3asrf6chn.jpeg
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,053
    Options
    Bro, this thread is a guy trying to sell his speakers. You just don't advertise someone else's stuff in a for sale thread.

I think if you reflect on this you will understand you are in the wrong here
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.