Polk React Soundbar (with the bluetooth sub) Global Player issues

Options
Hi, I recently purchased the Polk React soundbar with the blue tooth sub and have problems with the global player when streaming radio. Alexa seems to be working fine, we ask for a radio station to be played and it does, repeating the radio station and saying that it's through global player. The problem is that it seems totally random as to how long it plays it for! At some point, maybe a couple of minutes or maybe an hour or two or anywhere in between, the volume will momentarily significantly increase before stopping playing. Immediately asking Alexa to play the same radio station brings it straight back.
I've been back to the retailer who swapped the system for another, with both of them coming straight out of sealed boxes, but the problem is still there.
The Sound bar is powered straight from the wall with no adaptor and performs without fault when playing from the TV, which is connected via the ARC output on the TV with the HDMI cable.

Answers

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,510
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I'll forward your unusual issue to some friends at Polk and let you know what they say. It might take a few days to have some information, but hang in there and they'll help.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Their response:

" Most likely this is caused by a spotty internet connection between something in the system. If the bar loses internet for any reason, the music will pause at the point the song stopped loading, and restarting it up will continue as the customer has described."
  • ant53
    ant53 Posts: 2
    Options
    No, sorry, don't believe this is the problem. The sound bar is equal distance from wi-fi nodes, with both of them being no more than 5 mtrs from it and in clear line of sight. Not sure this would cause an increase in volume either - maybe distortion but why louder?
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I'll pass this along.