dblwekw6m0wr.jpeg
    p2yff7emm57y.jpeg
    skym5dm9bwkt.jpeg
    00coohl0pf4o.jpeg
    vppuo2kzmlbi.jpeg
    sct1p7e3l1x4.jpeg
    1b0m3yb51yyp.jpeg
    cvcpyvjzzb1p.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    This is why banners and placards need to be placed by gear of exhibitors
    Consider every posted posted picture as a potential sale.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,346
    Options
    FWIW, the Genesis room looks drab, only because those speakers are based on a price point....not "High-end".

Do you have a favorite yet Marvin or Joey?

It's driving me nuckin' futz that I am not there!!!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,874
    Options
    I got embarrassed today, was in the Borresen room listening to bookshelves that I thought were the new x1. I asked if the price was correct, $5500, the rep said.....No!, $100,000, and I said I liked them until you told me the price.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    Options
    Got these at the show from a couple from California, don't ask me to name the music😁, the company is Enmusic, Inc.
    Www.enmusicworld.com
    52x6ipvk52bb.jpg
    Some nicely recorded jazz, blues, female vocals.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    This system was very well done.

2lm2a7pzbu96.jpeg
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,133
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    I got embarrassed today, was in the Borresen room listening to bookshelves that I thought were the new x1. I asked if the price was correct, $5500, the rep said.....No!, $100,000, and I said I liked them until you told me the price.

This was definitely my favorite room as well. Don’t get me wrong, the $2M Borresen room was also mind blowing. But I was pretty taken by the demo in the smaller Borresen room.

It’s interesting at a show because a lot of amazing systems start to feel average when you are exposed to so many great system in such a short amount of time.

It also helps any system that comes in under $15-20K really stand out because they seem much more impressive when you factor in prices.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Borreson for me, the big ones, takes the cake.

My second day haul.

u00nsmnmu5s9.jpeg
    uxo3a5ckkr2i.jpeg
    q348abbiqkdu.jpeg
    sy2jb2rs84sb.jpeg
    n8r6s9xb0l3l.jpeg
    ekbo8j8cywzz.jpeg
    4cb632jibfsd.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • displayname
    Options
    I’ll point out a few of the more affordable DACs that caught my attention. It’s very difficult to judge a dac in an unfamiliar system and a short demo, but the designs and reasonable price points are what stood out to me.

LTA Aero Dac
    bgi3w2krq0wb.jpeg
    https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/products/aero-dac-digital-analog-converter
    $3600. R2R. Class A tube output analog stage. LPS internally and the tubes were not directly mounted to the board. I regret not taking a photo of the unit they had displayed with the case off.

Geshelli Labs Dayzee
    e5htn9530e7l.jpeg
    40dbe2kk9yx6.jpeg
    https://geshelli.com/dayzee/
    Dual mono. US built. Hand made wood casing. Loads of inputs. Can’t remember the pricing, but I believe it was under $3k and variable pricing based on wood selection and a few options on output Opamps.

Heed Abscus
    Didn’t take a photo of this one, but for $1,600 in a “budget” $7K system this one really impressed me. Don’t know how much it would scale up, but it was great in the tiny system they had it in.

Discogs
  • displayname
    Options
    Discogs
  • displayname
    edited March 17
    Options
    Also wanted to give some love to Rosso. Excellent as always, and glad to hear them with some new amps AND the premiere of Turnbull Cables.

I think Skip flat out had a better set up in his room, but the new cable line could also be playing into that.

33xh125njawf.jpeg

It was also great to see and hear AGD amps, especially with the Rosso sienna speakers, which I’m fairly familiar with.
    5a7c2ggv1hr3.jpeg

This room had a lot of buzz, especially on Friday. I really wish I could hear the AGD in an A/B situation compared to the Norma gear that is normally paired with Rossos. The AGD has a style that many people are drawn to with the “tube” circuit boards and the potential for modular upgrades. The AGDs did sound great, they have a pretty extensive line of gear, and it did sound great with the Rosso line, featuring really song imaging and fantastic tone. The price points all sit similar to Norma as well, but I would need a lot more time with both before I could say I preferred one over the other. Expected good problems with really quality gear.
    Discogs
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    Thanks for pics guys. Bummed that I wasn’t able to make it. Looks like some very, very nice systems.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options

Cool list. A few I have not heard before.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • displayname
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »

Cool list. A few I have not heard before.
    That’s why I always try to share these. Not enough discussion about music sometimes.

Discogs
  • marvda1
    Options
    The big bookshelf speakers in the Zu/Black Ice room are $3k, not $8k. The floor standers are $2k.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    Options
    They have already signed the contract for next year. This year we had the 14th, 12th floors, mezzanine, and open lobby area and rooms. Next year they have the 14th, 12th. 11th, 10th floors plus the mezzanine with expanded meeting rooms and open lobby area and rooms.

They are going to get the parking situation fixed and we can all meet at the Rodeo Goat for burgers. :)
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    Options
    Same dates?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • displayname
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    They have already signed the contract for next year. This year we had the 14th, 12th floors, mezzanine, and open lobby area and rooms. Next year they have the 14th, 12th. 11th, 10th floors plus the mezzanine with expanded meeting rooms and open lobby area and rooms.

They are going to get the parking situation fixed and we can all meet at the Rodeo Goat for burgers. :)

Awesome news!
    Discogs
  • marvda1
    Options
    @treitz3 I don't know.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Same dates?

Tom

Not same.

3/21/25 to 3/23/2025
  • treitz3
    Options
    Thanks, Joey.

Tom