Alexa Can't Find Soundbar Magnifi Mini AX

Options
I am attempting to link my Magnifi Mini AX to Alexa, but I'm encountering an issue where Alexa's app is unable to discover the soundbar even after selecting the appropriate model during the device setup process. Do you have any recommendations or suggestions to resolve this problem?

Answers

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,508
    Options
    I'll ask a friend at Polk.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,508
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I received another response, sent as helpful information to get the most from your soundbar:

"Hello,

The bar may need to be properly set up on the Network, and I suggest setting up Wi-Fi using Chromecast or AirPlay. Setup instructions for both Chromecast and AirPlay are listed below.

With Chromecast built-in, you can easily: • Stream music from your favorite apps over Wi-Fi. • Create a whole-home audio experience. Multi-room sync lets you play the same song across multiple Chromecast built-in compatible speakers in your house simultaneously. • Stream media to the sound bar from any Google Assistant-enabled speaker. Use voice commands to play your favorite content, change the volume, and get information about what you are listening to. • Receive automatic updates. To set up Chromecast: 1. Confirm that your Android or iOS device is connected to the Wi-Fi network that you want MagniFi Mini AX to join. 2. Download the free Google Home app on your Android or iOS device. 3. Follow the instructions in the app to connect the sound bar to your Wi-Fi network.

AirPlay® is an Apple technology designed to control home audio systems and speakers in any room – with a tap or by just asking Siri – right from iPhone®, iPad®, HomePod®, or Apple TV®. Play a song in the living room and kitchen simultaneously or adjust the volume in any room, all in sync. To set up Apple AirPlay (if Chromecast isn’t already set up): 1. Press and hold the power button on the top panel of the sound bar until you hear a beep and “WI-FI SETUP” displays on the sound bar. 2. Confirm that your iOS device (iPhone or iPad) is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want MagniFi Mini AX to join. 3. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi. 4. Scroll down to SETUP NEW AIRPLAY SPEAKER, and tap MagniFi Mini AX-XXXX. 5. Follow the on-screen instructions. Note: If you already set up Chromecast, then AirPlay is ready to use. Tap the AirPlay icon in your favorite music app, then tap MagniFi Mini AX

Once the bar is connected, proceed to the Alexa setup."
    Post edited by SeleniumFalcon on