What SRT speaker is this in this old ad?

Options

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,091
    Options
    There's a complete system on usm... 3k
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    There's a complete system on usm... 3k

He said no shipping. Trust me, I heavily considered it
  • VR3
    Options
    There are companies that will crate and ship for you. Shouldn't make any difference to him.

I imagine you would be 10k all in including the crating and shipping
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,057
    Options
    That set is in incredibly good shape. You would be hard pressed to find better. It doesnt say in the post but I wonder if the (what appears to be a PSW1200) shown in the picture is being sold as well?

If SRT is what you want, it might be worth at least asking what freight would cost. At least you would not wonder if this was your missed opportunity.....

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • dpowell
    Options
    Or fly down, test them out and drive them back😄

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    I actually think it'd be cheaper to fly to the state, hire a moving company, get the moving company to bring them to my home in Canada, and fly back to my home.

Honestly I do know of a set in Toronto, Ontario, and even though that's a 22 hour drive, my Dad has agreed if I pay for gas and the U-haul, he would be willing to go through that for the SRT (my dad is way too supportive of my Polk addiction)
  • VR3
    Options
    Do it!!
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Do it!!

I just reached out to the guy, no joke. I believe he has 4 tops, no idea about center, control, or subs.

I just want two complete towers and the controller, I can live without the center, and that's far easier and cheaper to ship than the towers are.
  • dpowell
    Options
    Lol we are here to encourage Polk addiction as much as possible.

Too bad this guy wont ship his CS1000P. He doesnt exactly have a complete RT5000P set so maybe keep an eye on it.....

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649997054-polk-audio-rt5000-surround-set-minus-subs/

• dpowell
    Options
    I do strongly encourage you to test the subs and listen for any issues that might exist with the drivers. Might be a negotiating point. You can self repair the spiders if disconnected. Its just a time investment to get in there and get them done right.

• ChrisD06
    Options
    dpowell wrote: »
    Lol we are here to encourage Polk addiction as much as possible.

Too bad this guy wont ship his CS1000P. He doesnt exactly have a complete RT5000P set so maybe keep an eye on it.....

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649997054-polk-audio-rt5000-surround-set-minus-subs/

Wouldn't want this CS1000p anyways. It has the fabric front. The one I negotiated $200 USD for is not only nearly flawless, but has the black paint front just like my RT3000p. And the amp still works!
  • dpowell
    Options
    Congrats, i didnt realize you had already arranged to purchase one! I also didnt know there were different versions of the front. I thought the only options were black or walnut colored cabinets.

• ChrisD06
    Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty damn hyped to get it.

The different fronts are part of the RTxxxi refresh. Basically, Polk decided instead of calling them the RT3000i and CS1000i, they'd just make the fronts match the RTxxxi series with the black paint. The older models sold alongside the RTxxx series had the fabric the whole RTxxx series (except bookshelves, weird) did.

They didn't change out any of the drivers though, which is odd. The midwoofers and tri laminates are the same as the older models. Interestingly, some of the last RTxxx stock had black paint on the front I believe, or there are plenty of ballsy people who did a really good job with custom doing it. It's super rare though.

One last fact: Polk accidentally called the CS1000p refresh during the RTxxxi refresh the CS1000i in the 2000 Canadian confidential MSRP sheet.
  • dpowell
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Thats interesting. Did it change from grey to blue colored mid driver cones like the other i series?

Pics when you receive it or it didnt happen.😉

• ChrisD06
    Options
    dpowell wrote: »
    Thats interesting. Did it change from grey to blue colored mid driver cones like the other i series?

Pics when you receive it or it didnt happen.😉

Nope, still the MW7011 in the CS1000p and MW7016 in the RT3000p.

Now, Polk DID say the replacement driver for the CS1000p was the MW7200 which IS blue. My theory is they made extra stock of the MW7011 and 7016 and wanted to use it up.

Will absolutely send pics when I get the center channel, can't wait to have it in my hands.
  • polkguy1994
    polkguy1994 Posts: 54
    edited July 2023
    Options

There is a SRT system in 4/5 condition in mid California and a SRT Center Channel in Chicago area, 6/7 maybe an 8 condition on Craigslist. The center is over priced at 950.00, the SRT components are best offer. If anyone is interested I can help you find the postings. Earlier this year I bought a full SRT set with boxes of eBay. It had minor issues, but was well worth what I paid to buy and ship it to myself.

jpf0c4aqi11t.jpeg

qvp5ip2gczzb.jpeg

bd3whdx6e59a.jpeg

hqfbq5hafdfc.jpeg
    exujob5ldzsu.jpeg
    I am looking for SRT Rears, seeking any information on the SRT history details to learn about this product!jjdas75rryoz.jpegw0n3asrf6chn.jpeg
  • polkguy1994
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I am looking for SRT Rears, seeking any information on the SRT history details to learn about this product!jjdas75rryoz.jpegw0n3asrf6chn.jpeg
  • polkguy1994
    edited July 2023
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,840
    Options
    Earlier this year I bought a full SRT set with boxes of eBay. It had minor issues

9ag0dlz0j826.jpeg

If those are the ones you bought they have more than minor issues.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ChrisD06
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Earlier this year I bought a full SRT set with boxes of eBay. It had minor issues

9ag0dlz0j826.jpeg

If those are the ones you bought they have more than minor issues.

It looks like someone shot a flamethrower at them, WTF
  • polkguy1994
    edited July 2023
    Options
    The above set was in storage for ten plus years, the foam has compression dimples from being pressed against the styrofoam factory packaging, they are not nearly as bad as you think, I paid 1800.00 for everything and that in itself was a deal. My objective with this set is to be used for parts, rebuilding the speakers if I would need too, or as a parts back up for these two pairs that I also have. This is insignificant when you take into consideration finding sets of these SRT’s is like riding a unicorn to the moon! In addition for the SRT series, I have six pairs of LS/FX and three Center Channels. Not including all the RT series I also own.

gape3o23mibd.jpeg
    1emfes4xin5j.jpeg

ad9kog0btjvv.jpeg
    mh63a5wd3qzd.jpeg
    Post edited by polkguy1994 on
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    Idk man, those surrounds are deformed real bad. Unless it was super cheap, I'd pass, even if it was local to ME, so probably the only set within 500 miles...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,621
    Options
    So SRT drivers were foam and not rubber?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,840
    Options
    They are rubber.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ChrisD06
    Options
    Butyl rubber iirc, I find it a little hard to believe just pressing against Styrofoam did that, but who knows.
  • polkguy1994
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I guess a 71 lbs speaker surrounded in stirafoam in a card board box for 15 to 20 year is unlikely to cause impressions on butyl surround. The SRT model with those inpressions on the speaker surrounds have the year of 08/15/1996 (Captain Brousard, Polk Audio Speaker BM2100 SRT L004 88) personal information written on all the boxes. Part of the last batch of the first generation. I bought this set out of California from an online consignment shop. I am in the middle of hooking these up to check there sound. I will for sure let everyone know those results. I bought this set to be used as back up parts understanding that it might have some issues. The sales ad asked for $3000.00, I offered $1500.00 and settled on $2000.00. If replacing the 4 to 6 MW5805 is what needs to be done, i will do that gladly. Outside of the impressions/dimples, there are usual laminate bumps and bruises these are in a 7 condition given by a competent forum member.

xhyp8xexk6ig.jpeg
    ce260q4ljhqp.jpeg
    hm5jstggrnsn.jpeg
    ci1f79nw1p7h.jpeg
    54c00xteizeb.jpeg

hwemyfo44b9c.jpg
    xczon6tja2wm.jpg
    ccq5nl0uud57.jpg

• polkguy1994
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Future HT Room and 2 Channel Music Room.

scu11fjlgj14.jpeg

hzr91ezkok3a.jpeg
    1lsypqc4ajts.jpeg
    p4hfctohovqb.jpeg
    j3lleuapz967.jpeg
    xo3ayadjyrfa.jpeg
    0ok0kcm6wumt.jpeg
    de9n085v7jge.jpeg
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    I guess a 71 lbs speaker surrounded in stirafoam in a card board box for 15 to 20 year is unlikely to cause impressions on butyl surround.

Oh jesus, they've been sitting for that long? I suppose that'd do it.

Only looks like the 4 woofers are damaged, and you'd probably be better off replacing the surrounds than you would souring 4 new woofers.

Also, you should highly consider replacing the ferrofluid in your tweeters. It brought my RT800's SL6502 tri-lams back to life!
  • polkguy1994
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I contacted Polk Audio and they provided me with a vendor for the repairs, SkyFi Audio LLC also provided me with a vendor, I will be working on this project with the other related things with setting all of this up. Like I mentioned in past posting, I went from RT20P to where I am at today. I now have a small museum high lighting Polk audio, I was looking at Focal really hard for a while, but they were damn pricey. I'm all polked up instead.

3-sets of RT2000p, two sets of RT3000p, one CS1000p, one CS400, three SRT Center, three sets of SRT upper/lower, six sets of LS/FX dipolar/bipolar, four SRT Controllers, two sets of FX1000 (one new in box), one set of FX500, one set of RT55, two PSW1200, one PSW1000 (Modified Elemental Design Amp), and two J.L. Audio F113 Fathom.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    I contacted Polk Audio and they provided me with a vendor for the repairs, SkyFi Audio LLC also provided me with a vendor, I will be working on this project with the other related things with setting all of this up. Like I mentioned in past posting, I went from RT20P to where I am at today. I now have a small museum high lighting Polk audio, I was looking at Focal really hard for a while, but they were damn pricey. I'm all polked up instead.

3-sets of RT2000p, two sets of RT3000p, one CS1000p, one CS400, three SRT Center, three sets of SRT upper/lower, six sets of LS/FX dipolar/bipolar, four SRT Controllers, two sets of FX1000 (one new in box), one set of FX500, one set of RT55, two PSW1200, one PSW1000 (Modified Elemental Design Amp), and two J.L. Audio F113 Fathom.

Crazy amount of gear you've got. Wish I was in the US and had those types of items pop up.