Black Ice Audio Tube DAC

Options
This recently came back from Black Ice after they replaced the 5V regulator which ran me 150.00 total. Unit is silver and includes original double box and all accessories, includes a new pair of tubes. I am second owner and only reason I am selling is to pay for the Joule pre I recently purchased. Note there sounds like there is a tiny screw rolling around inside which I haven't had time to call Black Ice and complain about. Lets try 700.00 shipped in CONUS. Pics coming soon.
Here is a link to the Black Ice page:
https://blackiceaudio.com/daccd-players/p/black-ice-glassfx-dac

Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options
    Finally...here are pics. Will include tubes pictured in front which are a pair of new Tung Sol AX7s and a pair of Hammond grey plate AX7s. Polkies PM me with any questions or offers...thanks
    gdpnf9hknjz0.jpeg
    x2diwoc8qdtg.jpeg
    59w1cgrt8lhd.jpeg
    yfgl2rjbbson.jpeg
    cj15ib9dmphc.jpeg
    9yohj0xz4v4f.jpeg
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Let's try 650 shipped via Paypal friend option.
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Bump for 625.00....Bueller, Bueller?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Gentlemen, these units play really nice. Owned an earlier version that Russman and i would use at LSAF.

They also make a good desktop Preamp/DAC...just add amp and you are your way.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    I've heard one many times, sounds good and responds well to rolling tubes.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kevhed72
    Options
    Bump for 600.00 for Polkies....I have original double box and everything included.
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Updated pics-PM me with any questions.
    575.00 plus actual shipping/insurance:
    z4j3ymvoi156.jpeg
    oquhiuxlpgmr.jpeg
    9pn1mljf679j.jpeg
    gidj2g5jjbo0.jpeg
  • kevhed72
    Options
  • kevhed72
    Options
  • kevhed72
    Options
    This is for sale again. m
  • ceylon
    ceylon Posts: 9
    Options
    you ever sort out the screw rattling around? that damage or disable the dac.
  • kevhed72
    Options
    no longer for sale
  • kevhed72
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Up for sale again for hopefully a quick sale at 500.00 plus actual shipping for Polkies.
  • ceylon
    Options
    you ever sort out the screw rattling around? that damage or disable the dac.
  • ceylon
    Options
  • sp73
    sp73 Posts: 2
    Options
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to post this earlier....this is only for sale for established forum members.
  • sp73
    sp73 Posts: 2
    Options
    Well… sorry I’m not established. It’s been for sale for two months and I’m looking. Typically people list things for sale to… sell them.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,346
    Options
    That's a benefit of being a part of this community. It's not a given.

It used to be that new members couldn't even see the FS section of the forum until they hit 100 posts but a software swap changed that.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ceylon
    Options
    what does established mean?

dunno why youd avoid a question about possible damage or mis-repair of something youre selling.

here it is again:

you ever fix that "tiny screw rolling around inside which I haven't had time to call Black Ice and complain about?"

ceylon
  • ceylon
    edited June 2023
    Options
    is @kevhed72 a real, verified person here or is this some scam?
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,603
    edited June 2023
    Options
    This thread is hilarious. Two recently-joined, single-digit post count wonders b!+ching at a veteran member who’s been here since 2008! 😂

@ceylon, might wanna try getting the handle correct. It’s @kevhed72, not @kevshellk. 😂😂

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • ceylon
    Options
    im not here because if have SDAs, which i do; if i do a TL mod i may go back to reading thru this forum, as ive done for a coupla years. dont need to join for that. im here now because im shopping for a jolida/black ice dac. theres an account here claiming to have one for sale.

if anything is "hilarious," its an account claiming to sell a DAC but refusing to engage potential buyers on it. i dont think its funny.

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,603
    Options
    If you’ve been lurking for that long, I’m sure you’ve seen others limit who they will sell to based on the same criteria that is required to sell.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/98162/before-you-post-read-this

“If a seller wishes to limit the acceptability of potential buyers he must include this as part of the item's description,” which was subsequently done by the OP.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • kevhed72
    edited June 2023
    Options
    ceylon wrote: »

dunno why youd avoid a question about possible damage or mis-repair of something youre selling.

here it is again:

you ever fix that "tiny screw rolling around inside which I haven't had time to call Black Ice and complain about?"

ceylon

1. No
    2. You are not an established member.
    3. This is not a "scam". It's called full disclosure.
    4. Please stop spamming up my thread.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,520
    Options
    @ceylon , “is @kevhed72 a real, verified person here or is this some scam?“

This post of yours is where you defecated in your Wheaties, and I could not agree more with @treitz3. So, I suggest that you search elsewhere for this DAC. You might actually discover that it is for sale by the same seller on Agon or US..mart, etc. If so, that is where you can contact him and dicker and whine about a loose screw to your heart’s content.
  • ceylon
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    ceylon wrote: »

here it is again:

ceylon

1. No
    2. You are not an established member.
    3. This is not a "scam". It's called full disclosure.
    4. Please stop spamming up my thread.

1. thanks, finally. take care of that and ill consider buying.
    2. ok
    3. ignoring buyers questions about the dac ur selling is a massive red flag that frequently means fake, scam, etc
    4. i never spammed you in any way shape or form. im a buyer asking about the dac for sale. get your act together and pay attention.
  • ceylon
    edited June 2023
    Options
    maxward wrote: »
    @ceylon , “is @kevhed72 a real, verified person here or is this some scam?“

This post of yours is where you defecated in your Wheaties, and I could not agree more with @treitz3. So, I suggest that you search elsewhere for this DAC. You might actually discover that it is for sale by the same seller on Agon or US..mart, etc. If so, that is where you can contact him and dicker and whine about a loose screw to your heart’s content.

i suggest you eat those wheaties.

this listing is significantly lower than the one on USAM, hence the presence of my inquiries here. plus im a member.

i had legitimate question and complaint--YOU can dicker and whine to your hearts content. its not for me.

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    How do you not understand at this point that he's not interested in selling it to you? Holy **** ****.