(Feeler) - 1000VA Avel-Lindberg Dreadnaught w/custom case.

Options
heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,092
edited March 2023 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I bought the 1000VA version in the last group purchase in 2018-19 as well as Larry's custom case. I also bought an assortment of traditional hook-up parts to build a Dreadnaught.

I never completed the build, all the parts are here sitting in the audio closet. It was one of those "I'll get to it eventually" projects. I believe I have the Canare 4S11 cable I was going to use as well.

I can post photo's if there's interest. The custom case is a little different than the normal one Larry made. He sent a few of us long time members a special run with a different face plate (silver) and the ability of the case to sit vertically rather than horizontally, IIRC. I'm going on memory here. But it can be used both ways.

I'm not sure this is even produced any longer by AL, if so, I bet the price for a new one has really increased.

The cost for the transformer was around $300 + $150 for the case + approx. $50 in parts, etc.

This is going to be a bit pricey to ship because of it's weight. So I'll discount a bit because of the shipping cost.

$475 plus actual shipping. PayPal F/F

I could probably get more $$$, but I'd rather it go to someone who can use it. I don't see me using it even if I decide to hang onto my 1C's. I'm leaning towards selling the 1C's eventually.

H9
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    Options
    Grab it quick
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,944
    Options
    Boy times sure have changed around here, can’t believe this is still here..
  • heiney9
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Boy times sure have changed around here, can’t believe this is still here..

Yeah, not like the old days. Hopefully someone needs one. I think my price is fair.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • plastic_avatar
    Options
    For those on budgets, it's just timing!

I miss the days of layaway.

Got my 16K Vic-20 expansion cartridge after 4 months of payments at my local Sears, way-back-when =)
    The Thrifty Setups in Mah House Big thrifty stereo in the basement w/ my custom SDA-1C (built with help from kind forum members) * Beautiful 1966 MCM GE console upgraded w/ Bluetooth, Dual turntable, and Paradigm speakers in family room * Swanky 1980 Realistic system and great TEAC eq with dancing colored lights in the living room * Ye Olde college stereo in the garage
  • heiney9
    Options
    Start saving. At this rate it might still be here once you've put away enough $$$. Lol

H9
  • heiney9
    Options
    Plus, I think I priced it to move. It's doing no one any good in my audio closet. I'll post some photos. Photos always spark a bit more interest.

H9
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,016
    Options
    If my Gen3 SDA SRS' were compatible I'd be all over this, great price.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    I don't even have SDAs and I'm tempted! :p
  • ambiophonics
    Options
    I'm interested. Message incoming
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,093
    edited March 2023
    Options
    "they say" it's compatible with regular transducers, not just SDA.

True?

I wonder how they'd be hooked up . . .
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Toolfan66
    edited March 2023
    Options
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    If my Gen3 SDA SRS' were compatible I'd be all over this, great price.

Never mind, I found your thread..

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,614
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    "they say" it's compatible with regular transducers, not just SDA.

True?

I wonder how they'd be hooked up . . .

Nooo we said it makes a difference with COMMON ground amps as well as mono blocs or non common ground amps.

There would be no way to use in with regular speakers that DO NOT use an interconnect cable.
  • heiney9
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I forgot what a beast this is. I had set aside some boxes for double boxing. I hope they are strong enough. I think the safest way to ship this is in 2 packages. (1) the transformer unmounted (2) the case and box of fasteners. I don't think I should ship with the transformer mounted in the case. That's just asking for trouble if it's dropped hard.

Pics

This is the shipping box with all the fasteners. I was NOT going to use a speak-on connector at the binding posts of my 1C's. I was going to use the banana plug and then hook the negative wire to the negative speaker post. So you may need another set of female? speak-ons. All the rest is here. It still has the packing slip in the box, so that should give you part #'s to order the extra set.
    9xl8oht7djj0.jpg

tj6251i3ld5h.jpg

omdop8kj3zdn.jpg

5wf258715h76.jpg

7whfgfrojxxv.jpg

Not the most professional photo's but you get the idea.

• GlennDog
    Options
    GLWTS....

ty, Ivan for clarification
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,456
    Options
    Yes. A large chunk of copper.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • ambiophonics
    Options
    I was really hopeful I could make this fit in my current setup but after some measuring I don't think it's going to work.
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • heiney9
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Really, you can't make it fit either way? You won't find another any smaller, since the case is about as small as it can be for the size of the transformer. The cable coming out each end should be flexible enough to route it several different ways. It doesn't have to be equi-distant right between the speakers.

I thought the same thing when I bought it as my system is very. very tight but I could make it work.

H9
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,614
    Options
    They even make 90 degree connections for it. I use them on mine.
  • ambiophonics
    ambiophonics Posts: 722
    edited March 2023
    Options
    The stereo cabinet is pretty much full, I was hoping to set it next to the cabinet upright with connectors on the rear but it looks like the setup is one connector front, one rear which complicates things. We are against a bit of a space constraint until we can get a house which has been delayed with interest rates unfortunately :(
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Just put it behind one of the speakers
  • GlennDog
    Options
    It's not big and will fit along side the speaker front wall or anywhere along that wall (cable length willing)

You'll should notice an audible improvement with this bad boy, IMHO
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • heiney9
    Options
    Still available.
  • heiney9
    Options
    *Weekend Bump*

I really thought this would sell faster. There has (had) been such a huge demand for the 1000VA. I figured there were people that didn't have the opportunity the first 3 times around...lol

This works wonders even on a common ground set-up. More of everything.

H9
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,385
    Options
    BITD, this wouldn't have lasted 2 hours on this forum. Strange that this is still here, indeed.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I was in on the 2019 buy, and also find it hard to beleive that this has not sold yet.

I also have a 800 sitting idle that I thought about selling some day but with out any intrest on this deal right here, I might as well keep it in storage.

I'm pretty sure this well sell eventually but man a few years ago this would of sold immediately. Someone should grab this if they are on the fence as these are not around very often.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,119
    Options
    I am beginning to think people are becoming hesitant to make purchases like this. When eggs are 6 bucks a dozen and a 12 pack of Coke is now 8 bucks, people are being more cautious when spending money.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • heiney9
    Options
    I'm sure that's part of it John. I'll just keep bumping it, I'm sure eventually I'll find a buyer.

H9
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Will this work with my SDA SRS 1.2 ? Are you interested in any trades? Oppo 103D w remote and WI-FI dongle? Thanks. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Will this work with my SDA SRS 1.2 ? Are you interested in any trades? Oppo 103D w remote and WI-FI dongle? Thanks. D

Yes it will work!!
  • heiney9
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »

No, I really don't need anything for trade. I don't think you'll find one for less. I just want to get about what I have in it and reduced the price a bit to offset shipping since this is very heavy.

H9