Integra DRX-4

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,182
This will be short but I picked up a Integra DRX-4 used to see how Integra would sound in my room compared to the Sony and Denon models.

So short and sweet the Integra is impressive. Very dynamic very clear very powerful and musically it's so impressive. I think it's worthy to shoot out the Musical Fidelity Integrated I have. I didn't expect it to sound this good and be this dynamic but I think it's now time for me to possibly own a new Integra AVR in my main system. I'm considering the Integra DRX5.4.

One thing I'd like to say about it's overall sound for music is and I'm not sure why, in stereo or direct, it puts out this wider and taller sound stage. It's like I toed my speakers out more and tilted them back. If you ever played around with detailed placement of your main channel speakers, you can move the sound stand up and wider or smaller and shorter by tilting the speakers , leveling them side to side but tiling them upwards a bit with the carpet spike adjustements. Also the wider you place your speakers. , the wider you can make the soundstage but you have to be careful about center image as you can ruin that if you go to wide. You then have to use more toe in depending on the response of the tweeters your speakers have. But the Integra did this on it's own without having to move my speakers at all.

This is fun.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,587
    Curious how AccuEQ does since they got rid of Audyseey
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mantis
    If you ever experienced MCACC from Pioneer Elite, it's exactly the same.

Dan
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,587
    edited February 2023
    mantis wrote: »
    If you ever experienced MCACC from Pioneer Elite, it's exactly the same.

Good to know, but I have not.

Been a Denon (MultiEQ) -> OLD Integra (XT) -> Denon guy (XT32) and have a Anthem so ARC.

I’ve been really interested in Dirca Live and Trinnivo but neither is happening anytime soon
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mantis
    So I have been using the Integra DRX4 since Friday and I gotta say I'm still very impressed. 2 channel music is really really good. I'm still surprised how good it is. Onkyo/Integra did a great job with their amp section and overall output stage. Excellent dynamics and pure tell it like it is sound quality.
    I manually calibrated it into the room and man for surround effect, Spatial music and Video games, it's a Gem. I almost just want to keep this in my system and call it a day but I future planning for the OLED I want to get which is 8k 60 hz , 4k 120 HZ so I want pure pass through etc.

So on the table is the New Sony STRAZ5000es vs the Integra DRX5.4. I just installed the Integra DRX5.4 with a Focal system and it was stellar. Still waiting for the Sony ES to hit the market which should be in a few weeks. Stoked to try that out.
    Dan