Crackling/Static Sound from both L800 Speakers

Just as the title states, I am getting a crackling sound from both left and right L800's... the noise is confined to the tweeters, and in a very narrow frequency range, so the noise can be every intermittent depending on the music choice. The noise sounds like the sound you would hear from an old television set when you were tuned to the wrong station or after a channel signed off for the night, but only in very short bursts when music happens to be in that frequency range.

The problem occurs in both speakers with music from a digital source and sent across RCA's to the Arcam. The problem does not exist over HDMI. I have eliminated the tube amps, DAC and SACD player, USB cables, RCA cables. HDMI out from my computer to the Arcam has no problems. I tested the speakers by using the L900 modules for test purposes, and the noise travelled to them as well. Unless I am missing something, it would appear that the computer is causing the issues or the Arcam is.

Do you guys see anything I may have missed?
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I have also tested the SACD player into the same input as the computer uses, and the static is still present, so in my mind, that eliminates all sources and cables... the problem once again appears to be the Arcam....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    the problem once again appears to be the Arcam....
    That was my first thought.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    Problem solved... There are settings for time delays within the Arcam, and those used for the CD input were not matched properly. Correcting this solved the problem.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    How do you go about determining the correct setting?
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    msg wrote: »
    How do you go about determining the correct setting?

You just need to play around with it.

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Glad you got it solved right away.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Glad you got it solved right away.

LOL... took me 7 hours to finally figure it out!

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    Gotta love technology. :#
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    Emlyn wrote: »
    That's what she said.

For 7 hours.
    I disabled signatures.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Gotta love technology. :#

No school like the old school...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Always loved that Marantz table! So classy

2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius