Kudos to Audioquest

Very appreciative of Audioquest.

I have Wel sig speaker wires, it was double wired on the speaker end (4 bananas each terminal). Which was great when I had biwire able speakers like the BW 802d3… but proved to be a pain with single wire speakers like Magico.

So I sent it in.

I also had them look at my Earth 5m XLR because one of the terminals was becoming loose.

They asked me if there was anything else so I said can I send in some old DBS packs and they can refurbish it or something? I was looking on eBay and they were like $100 each and I didn’t feel like spending that kind of money on a cosmetic refurbishment.

Anyway, I got them all back today… man they really refurbished the Wels. New tips, reterminated, brand new dbs packs. They sent me two additional dbs packs. They also replaced the dbs packs on the Earth and redid the terminals!

I’m definitely impressed with their service.

No charge for all the work except for the retermination on the Wels. No charge on the shipping back to me, because of the value - I sent the wires to AQ overnight via FedEx with insurance. Cost me almost $400.

AQ has a customer for a while with this one.

kcovbz34sy50.jpeg
7tmtiwpfks3u.jpeg
wbz985fma4hw.jpeg
6nmvn99w31je.jpeg
hcmivaaash94.jpeg
ebybqola2nzl.jpeg

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Above and beyond service! Good job AQ!
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    Nice to see there are still excellent companies out there that deliver exceptional customer service.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    My apologies for the off topic thoughts but I gotta mention this....

I remember the days when Polk had people praising them left and right. Making threads about outstanding/exceptional service.

Joey, glad to hear that you are finally able to listen the way you really want to with your new speakers. I am curious to hear your observations after they have had a chance to blend in to each other.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I remember the days when Polk had people praising them left and right. Making threads about outstanding/exceptional service.

Ah yes, it was once the best bar none.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    treitz3 wrote: »
    My apologies for the off topic thoughts but I gotta mention this....

Joey, glad to hear that you are finally able to listen the way you really want to with your new speakers. I am curious to hear your observations after they have had a chance to blend in to each other.

Tom
    What is the customer service like now at Polk Audio?

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    What it's like...Corporate, not personal.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    AQ is a great organization. Last year when I was building my new system they were very helpful in interconnects and power cables.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Congrats Joey, great service by Audioquest.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    That’s great for you, but the cynic in me thinks they won’t treat the guy with a set of Type 4 cables quite the same. My point is not really a jab at Audioquest, but more of a “if I’m spending this kind of money with your company, you better treat me this way.”
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    I've had good experiences with their customer service when contacted, even though I'm a low-dollar value customer.

They even sent me an AudioQuest baseball hat and t-shirt just for asking. Pretty cool!