Marantz Cinema 70

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,182
So,
I had a bedroom system that was currently running a Denon AVR X3100W AVR 1080p model that had some HDMI failures. So I sold my client a Marantz Cinema 70 as I felt for late night watching , this would be the perfect solution for the in wall speakers etc.

I gotta tell you guys, what a premium slim line unit. It's a bit pricey at $1200.00 as it has 50 watts of power but has all the features you could ever want out of such a small package.

The Sound quality was excellent and the 50 watt amps pushed the in wall speaker package ( B&W's ) extremely well. It surprises me every time when a lower powered amp does the job where most of us want more and more power. It shows me that in most cases, we all over spend and over spec power our rooms. Considering DB ratings , Ohm Loads and room dimensions , most of us are way over powered over speakers over subwoofer powered. Overkill seems to be our way LOL.

I usually like to take a sexy picture of the final resting home BUT I took what most will think strange. I took a picture of the feet on the bottom. This is the first thing that impressed me on the Cinema 50 I did and they have the same squishy bottom material not the Cinema 70. When you place it , you get this really nice soft cushion feeling. Kinda like when you sit on a very comfortable couch. I love it, the simple things Marantz thought of on these Cinema models is excellent. Yes you pay for Luxury , but at least Marantz tries to make the entire experience a pleasurable one.

hr4o8vhymdai.jpeg
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,474
    I love that they make a minimalist receiver like this. Not everyone needs a 13.4.4 or whatever system in their bedroom. :)
  • mantis
    It's a really nice AVR. That's exactly why I spec'd it. They have a 5 channel system, never going Atmos etc. This fit the bill perfectly and 50 watts rocked the bedroom way harder than they will ever listen at.
    Dan
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,474
    They even managed to put a full set of pre-amp outputs on the Cinema 70 including for two subwoofers. And the seven channel amp is apparently rated for 4 ohm loads. Nice.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,933
    go060ox7vkpx.png

I guess we're going to have to wait for time to reset and then a year to pass before it's available. Too bad.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 8,121
    My goodness $1200 for a 7.2 channel receiver with 50 wpc?!? Granted I always buy used, but I got my 9.2. channel denon with atmos and audyssey XT-32 for less than $400 shipped…I just can’t imagine they sell many at this price…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Harmon Kardon HK3490; Bluesounds Node N130; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mantis
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    My goodness $1200 for a 7.2 channel receiver with 50 wpc?!? Granted I always buy used, but I got my 9.2. channel denon with atmos and audyssey XT-32 for less than $400 shipped…I just can’t imagine they sell many at this price…
    Well we sold 1 and it was a easy sale. Don't like the 50 wats fool you. For small to medium size rooms, 5.1 or 5.2 setups, its perfect and has that nice warm inviting Marantz sound. It's also sexy as hell.
    Dan