USPS whipping records like Frisbees!

Options
Just saw a story on Fox where a record store in Phoenix, Arizona caught a USPS person throwing $40,000 worth of records into his mail truck from 10-12 feet. I've never bought any records from Arizona but if anyone does/did, might want to check them real well when they arrive!
Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me

Comments

• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    edited November 2022
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »
    Just saw a story on Fox where a record store in Phoenix, Arizona caught a USPS person throwing $40,000 worth of records into his mail truck from 10-12 feet. I've never bought any records from Arizona but if anyone does/did, might want to check them real well when they arrive!

Must be a slow day at Fox News. :*

Whatever happened to "If it bleeds it leeds"?
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Guess IMHO where the story came from wasn't important, that's just me. ;)
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Vegas2la must be whining again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    Even the mere mention of Fox News is triggering to those that live in a dis-information bubble.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Even the mere mention of Fox News is triggering to those that live in a dis-information bubble.

In the past I've added several links to articles from Fox News, so you sir are delusional.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,002
    edited November 2022
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »

Wow,
    This blows me away.
    I do not understand this.
    I’m definitely too old and don’t get it.

No professionalism or give a crap in a lot of jobs/professions anymore……
    It’s so sad, it’s obviously me and my issue.

Even when I was a bag boy at Publix for $1.35 an hour I tried to do a great job.
    Made sure the bread was on top so it wasn’t crushed, when bagging groceries, so these people’s hard earned money wasn’t f’d-up by MY don’t give a flyin’ flippin’ fletcher yadda yadda just throw stuff in a bag to get the job done attitude.
    What was I thinking?
    I was much more important than that job that puts food on the table and pays my rent!
    Why didn’t someone tell me I was much more important and valuable than this?

What’s happened with the give a shart?
    Is it beneath me to work at a job for x amount of money?
    What’s with the I won’t work for that amount?????

Guess I never realized when I was applying for that bag boy job that I was worth $250,000 a year back in 1973,
    Should have turned that job down 😳
    What was I/Me/#1 center of the universe thinking?

Apologies for the rant, maybe I’m outta touch with reality….
    Post edited by skipshot12 on
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    That makes you a good person, be proud.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    When I joined the work force my starting pay was $1.90 an hour. $5 an hour was rich man's money.....
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    The USPS is a government agency. Do I need to elaborate? I’ve been a carrier for 27 years. When I was hired, you were required to take a test, a background check,including fingerprints. The prerequisite now is being able to fog a mirror. In recent years, I’ve seen folks call in sick in their first week. I’ve also seen someone call in every Saturday,because he didn’t like to work weekends. The moral of the story is there is absolutely no work ethic anymore. I’m surprised that carrier actually showed up.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • skipshot12
    Options
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    The USPS is a government agency. Do I need to elaborate? I’ve been a carrier for 27 years. When I was hired, you were required to take a test, a background check,including fingerprints. The prerequisite now is being able to fog a mirror. In recent years, I’ve seen folks call in sick in their first week. I’ve also seen someone call in every Saturday,because he didn’t like to work weekends. The moral of the story is there is absolutely no work ethic anymore. I’m surprised that carrier actually showed up.

Unless you’re on your dying bed how does one get away with calling in sore within the first year of employ!
    Good bye, fired.

Can people no longer be fired?
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    ...Can people no longer be fired?

Not if they are in labor unions...

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,040
    Options
    I've found working with a larger company and witnessing the process of "off boarding", you would be amazed at the process to fire someone for poor performance. I would say the process takes 90 days to fire someone for poor performance.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,688
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    I've found working with a larger company and witnessing the process of "off boarding", you would be amazed at the process to fire someone for poor performance. I would say the process takes 90 days to fire someone for poor performance.

I fired an ex-girlfriend for "poor performance" in 18 and a half minutes.
  • skipshot12
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    ...Can people no longer be fired?

Not if they are in labor unions...

Where’d you hear that?

Retired 30+ IBEW here and I assure you you can be terminated.
    It requires people with a set of cahonies… pardon the spelling.

If you’re a POS you’re a POS.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    VR3 wrote: »

I fired an ex-girlfriend for "poor performance" in 18 and a half minutes.

Come on now, tell the truth. She fired you because it only took 18 and a half seconds before you were ready for a cigarette and a nap.😂
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,460
    Options
    vnepdu6ha3yz.gif
    I disabled signatures.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    Reminds me of that joke: she asked me if I smoked after sex. I said I don’t know I never looked.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    TEAforONE wrote: »

Unless you’re on your dying bed how does one get away with calling in sore within the first year of employ!
    Good bye, fired.

Can people no longer be fired?

Apparently not. We are so short staffed, they’re afraid to get rid of anyone. The really funny thing is they threaten to write us up for not wearing the proper colored socks. I’m serious.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,460
    edited November 2022
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    Reminds me of that joke: she asked me if I smoked after sex. I said I don’t know I never looked.
    lol
    And that reminds me of this joke
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments/11ff70/a_beautiful_young_woman_marries_a_wealthy_elderly/
    I disabled signatures.